The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

This is what I had before I've aplied the patch. The patch just gave it a better feeling. :)

Yes. It looks rather nice, don't you think?

Is this really what emulation is about ?

No, but don't go ruining my fun now. :lol: I know perfectly well how you view emulation and I'm fine with it. But do show some respect for the other end of the spectrum as well.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, where do I find the P rom or whatever? This is supposed to

fix the Zetsumei Ougi in NRX right? (instead of issen animation...)

Is there a way to make it work instead of downloading a patch for it??

(on NRX I mean..)

I downloaded the S rom from Agozer's site and replaced it but it

hasn't changed the look of the bars...?why?

BTW I run SSVSP from NRX so there you have it..

Oh yeah, this is what I wanted to ask all of you ever since I began playing Samurai Shodown series...

How on Earth do you do some of these moves?????

For eg: Hanzo and Galford's Shadow Replica-f,hcf + A,B

it will never work if I input normally...I have to do the input motion REALLY SLOWLY for it to work 6 out of 10 attempts... this makes it useless in battles and it's really sad cos Hanzo is my fav. character along with Sogetsu...... is there an emulator which enables all the moves to be done properly? NRX sure doesn't...

ANYWAY, how do I fix the Z-Ougi in NRX?

The only way to make the Zetsumei Ougis available in NeoRAGEx is to find the right P1. There is no other way. And no, we can't tell you where to get it.

All moves do work in NRX, and you can't make them work by inputting them slowly. Timing is strict.

You don't get it... Okay. It's like this. Since Hanzo's shadow replica was removed from SSVSP, it doesn't really matter but to do Galford's

It is quite difficult.

Get your Keyboard out right now. Okay.

Select Hanzo in SSVSP, get into practice mode(can't do in NRX), then try doing Mozu Otoshi(f,d,df+Slash) or Bakuen Ryu(d,b+Any button).

They come out in a flash! For instance, To do Bakuen Ryu, all you need to do is press DOWN, BACK buttons and Slash.

If I try to do Shadow Replica with Galford in a exactly same manner,

(f,hcf + A or :) I should press FORWARD, BACK, DOWN, FORWARD and A or B buttons right? well, it doesn't work. I have to press 5 buttons sequentially but it won't do the move. Explain this.

The Same goes for Haohmaru's Huge Slash(f,hcf +slash) and just about any moves that involve f,hcf motion.

EDIT- Also, Hanzo's hcb+AC move works for me but hcb+BD don't. WHY is that?

By the way, which Patch shall I download?

samsh5sp-p1_3e3961f5_to_079e5eca.zip

samsh5sp-p1_4cc4bcae_to_c5158449.zip

samsh5sp-p1_4cc4bcae_to_fd5d221c.zip

samsh5sp-p1_SRAM-hack_by_creamymami.zip

samsh5sp-p1d_4cc4bcae_to_24f2a6ab.zip

samsh5sp-p1d_4cc4bcae_to_b07fa849.zip

samsh5sp-p1d_4cc4bcae_to_c1ab7677.zip

samsh5sp-p1d_4cc4bcae_to_c5158449.zip

samsh5sp-p1d_4cc4bcae_to_fd5d221c.zip

samsh5sp_p1d_4cc4bcae_p2d_7114a210.zip

samsh5spbw-p1_4cc4bcae_to_b07fa849.zip

samsh5spez-p1_4cc4bcae_to_c1ab7677.zip

samsh5spez-p1_9291794d_to_deb7af05.zip

samsh5sph-p1_3e3961f5_to_079e5eca.zip

samsh5sphc-p1_d190102f_to_01e4b860.zip

samsh5spkw-p1_4cc4bcae_to_24f2a6ab.zip

Edited by Juniel

This is what I had before I've aplied the patch. The patch just gave it a better feeling. :rolleyes:

Anyway I do not use the the S rom since I run the original encrypted set. Which the S text data is exracted from the C roms like it is meant to be.

Bah...we like decrypted roms :P:)

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here on and off for a while, and usually find valuable information when I need information concerning emulation to be of greater value than none.

I've decided to post because I'm in need of the simple service of someone telling me how retarded I am.

I have a samsh5sp set that matches the encrypted set in the original post to a T. All the roms in both the James' list and the DAT are present, with the sizes and CRCs matching.

I try to run this in Nebula (with a loader) and my Nebula just crashes to windows. I just copied the DAT in the original post into my neogeo.dat and the game showed up green in my list. Romcenter seems to think the ROM is in good shape. The only thing that confuses me somewhat is that I have 272-v1d and 272-v2d files in addition to the 272-v1 and 272-v2 listed in the DAT.

I can't imagine that extra files would be of any harm to the program, but I'm definitely open to the possibility of being completely wrong.

Is Nebula capable of running the encrypted version of the game?

Do I need to compile MAME in order to run this set?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've read most of this thread, so if by any chance this was answered in the couple of pages that I missed, apologies are in order.

Are the V roms in your dat for the 272-v1d/v2d or 272-v1/v2? Having both roms in the same file is fine but if the dat is calling for v1/v2 or both v1/v2 AND v1d/v2d then that could be the problem.

Also, give Kawaks Loader a try. Agozer got it to work in Nebula but mine never did. I got it to work in Kawaks fine though. The decrypted version, of course.

I don't want to sound like a jackass who makes you do extra work again, but could you post the contents of your DAT? (yes, I know it can be found somewhere here, but do me a favor).

This is what I had before I've aplied the patch. The patch just gave it a better feeling. :P

Anyway I do not use the the S rom since I run the original encrypted set. Which the S text data is exracted from the C roms like it is meant to be.

Bah...we like decrypted roms :(:(

Yeah I would understand that if you had no hard drive space and a low end pc.

Those who are really into emulation do not bother with hacked up rom sets

This is so common of ppl to think to that if one uses neoragex must have a low pc...i just don't see the diff in emulating the protection...to me is the same game...