Kof2000...

(this is not a rom request)

So i have this (kof2000.zip), and Kawaks 1.46 with loader (i've tried the same with other kawaks, same results)... and the correct bios (with the files kawaks requires to play kof2k, i've tried with other bios, same result)

... and for some darn reason, the game always crashes!

It shows up on the list alright. Right name, right titles and everything.

It loads perfectly too.

But, when it reaches the decrypting gfx part... It crashes! Always with kawaks 1.43-1.49 (some versions with hacks). Others games load great, including kof94-03. Except kof2000...

I've tried this on mame aswell, it loads, but the GFX crash. (other games load on it aswell)

So i'm wondering, what is hell is wrong...

if you have the MAME sets then you dont need loaders for this game at all. also, you may want to test the integrity of your kof2000.zip file (with Winrar in Windows Explorer, right-click, select "Winrar" (if its cascaded) then select "Test Archive"

Here is the thing...

It's the RIGHT rom, and the RIGHT Emulator?

I got both of them from K'Dash, and they both seem to work fine on his computer... (poor k'dash had to listen to me biatch for hours about how they won't work ; :evil:

I tested the zip, and it's fine... alll the.rom names are correct aswell

I got this game to work on Neo Rage X

but with messed up text ; ;

That is the only problem that NRX KOF2000 has. I have a fix that fixes most of the text bugs. I hope I put the fix on my main site...

I've never had a real use for the Universe BIOS, what practical application does it have that I'm missing?

Built-in cheat database and lots more features that NRX (and the original BIOS don't have.

Edited by Agozer

Tried the patch, since i tossed my NRX not sure what it fixed lol... The consol text, and striker text are still funky...

Thanks a lot though, guess i'll play it like this ; ;

But... can anyone give me any insight on why my Kawaks version doesn't work? I have the same exact Rom and Emu (bios too) as k'dash, and still nothing ;(