Goddamm Spywares...

Mate those programs remove spyware thats already in your system (well i think they do). Everytime you go back online, they will keep coming back unless your protected by a firewall.

Anyways, spyware isn't the only thing that causes popups you know. Just get a popup blocker.

Depends on what kind of popups you're talking about. If you mean web-browser popups while you're browsing the web, then yeah, you need a popup blocker (or you could just use FireFox instead of IE, or get XP service pack 2, which is supposed to add blocking to IE).

If you're getting funky popups that look sort of like system messages, you need to disable the windows messaging service (I think that's what it's called). Adaware has a plug in on the lavasoft site that will do this for you.

And if you're getting web-browser popups while you're not browsing the web, you've got some mean adware in there. Get behind a firewall or run adaware's "ad-watch" or a similar "aware" type program.

im pretty sure its not popups cuz the second I load up IE, a popup shows up...even though it loads up a default page...

Ok, you're probably going to want to go with option 3 in my above post. For maximum effect, download Ad-Aware, update it, reboot into safe mode and run as deep a scan as you can, deleting anything you find. Then enable ad-aware's "ad-watch" program and allow it to start up when windows starts. This should stop the adware from reinstalling itself. Reboot and you should be ok.

Well The Good THing Is That Nortan Anti Virus Can Not Detect Spy/Ad-Ware And K' Didn't You Read Sp2 Conficts With Game, So Might As Wel Use Firefox To Block The Pop Ups.

im pretty sure its not popups cuz the second I load up IE, a popup shows up...even though it loads up a default page...

Ok, you're probably going to want to go with option 3 in my above post. For maximum effect, download Ad-Aware, update it, reboot into safe mode and run as deep a scan as you can, deleting anything you find. Then enable ad-aware's "ad-watch" program and allow it to start up when windows starts. This should stop the adware from reinstalling itself. Reboot and you should be ok.

Too add to that, get Spybot Search and Destory(update it as well), that catches stuff AA can't pick up.

Then go to Trent's House Call online virus scanner.

AA + S&D + House Call = Teh win.

Also To Ghost: Yes, I know it conflicts games, but I DO NOT EXPERENEICE THESE SLOW DOWNS AT ALL. Maybe it's because I reformatted 2 days before I got it.

Edit: If you want maximum preformence with SP2 and do not want these slow downs. Do a clean Install of Windows XP. Install SP2, Go over to www.blackviper.com and tweak your XP using his instructions.

Edited by K`dash