Which CPU is the best ? Help

SpyderX

Pentiums are better for non-gaming things like video editing and stuff like that. The difference is negligible though so it basically boils down to brand preference. But the Athlon 64s are great for gaming.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

i think i am going to get an AMD Athlon 64 939pin 3500+... but i am not sure if i should get DDR2 yet. The motherboard for the amd 939pin cpus are expensive plus the actual processor. so i dont think i can afford fast DDR2. I want to spend $2000 AUSTRALIAN.

thanx guys

PS. Gryphonklaw how come u never are on aim. I read a post about u helping me with roms since my hdd crashed.

Hey guys

i think i am going to get an AMD Athlon 64 939pin 3500+... but i am not sure if i should get DDR2 yet. The motherboard for the amd 939pin cpus are expensive plus the actual processor. so i dont think i can afford fast DDR2. I want to spend $2000 AUSTRALIAN.

If you ask me, the 3200+ 7xx pins work just as a good. Their almost out of the market and going cheap. Pair your self up with some DDR400 Ram and a brane preference for your mobo (ASUS FOR EVER!) and your all set. Cost me about 900 bucks Canadian (which is like, yeah)

Problem with the 7xxs is that it doesn't have the Dual Channel ablitity like the 939's.

Unless like. You want a full PC o.o

They are, but benchs now prove that AMD systems reign supreme in gaming over intel.

But I wouldn't base buying most componet on benchmarks. Word of mouth is better