Windows XP Home Vs. Windows XP Pro

Agozer

I have to decide the OS for my new computer.

XP Home costs 99 € and XP Pro 169 € and the total price for my new comp is getting pretty high, so I'm leaning towards XP Home unless I opt for a cheaper processor.

Some of my friends say that XP Home is shite and doesn't support a whole lot of printers and other USB devices and whatnot, while other friends advice me to stick with XP Home.

So, what's the difference between the two and which one should I get?

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But something also comes to mind right now...are you actually buying an OS?

If you are, just get Home because its hella cheaper. I don't think there is a huge difference for just average users.

But something also comes to mind right now...are you actually buying an OS?

If you are, just get Home because its hella cheaper. I don't think there is a huge difference for just average users.

Yes I have to buy the OS, since the comp is not not a "go to the store and grab it" type of type of package that many malls offer. It's being built for me. The only thing that comes with it is the BitDefender firewall + antivirus.

Edited by Agozer

Look at the link posted earlier, not only are those feature differences present but you have far less control over your system in general. XP Home just plain sucks unless you can barely turn a PC on.

*cough* !orP fo ypoc a etariP