All I Know on CFJ Right Now Thread

Wizard

A worthy bump?

But yeah, All i've seen, is actually going to be the final.

Why did capcom update their site now!?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOAH hold up, What did you mean by "Capcom wants to go out with a bang" If capcom is closing its doors i swear to god video games are going down the crapper very very soon. (or at least fighting games, maybe they should sell all their stuff to Konami if they are going out of business)

Yeah, the darkstalkers sprites look all fuzzy, the game looks like it'll be fun though. And I could be wrong, but based on that video from burningdojo, Bison (vega, evil mario) isn't using the stay-puff alpha/Z sprite. It looks like CvS2 to me. And the pic of Ryu (fighting bison, actually) on the first link in Mr. X's post doesn't look like the kiddie alpha sprite either.

I'm amazed, and relieved, that there aren't more shoto-clones. The SF3 lineup is weak though: Urien and Yun? Bleh.. And Why not just dump Zangief and include Chun Li in the SF2 category? Alex is close enough, and more fun, and it would make room for someone more interesting from SF3s crazy roster, like Ibuki for example. And Karin from zero? Meh, shoulda been Rolento or even Adon.

But, I'll be getting it and probably playing the heck out of it anyway. *sigh* :D

Capcom is getting out of the 2D fighter business for good I think.

What makes you say this anyhow? They practically have a lock on the market in the US. CvS2 and MvC2 were two of the most requested, if unavailable, titles when I worked at a game store not long ago. It can't be! :D

What makes you say this anyhow? They practically have a lock on the market in the US. CvS2 and MvC2 were two of the most requested, if unavailable, titles when I worked at a game store not long ago. It can't be! :D

It's something K'dash posted a while ago.

Hands to the truths that hint they'll stop for sure.

1) Sony's enforcement on 2D games in general. Metal Slug 3 not coming, KOF2k2 MUST be bundled with something just to make it past american shores. The cancallation of SSV and SF3 as a single product over seas.

2) No more original SF members left. Only 2 are remanding within Capcom, one does the Viewful Joe series and the other is currently directing Devil May Cry 3.

3) Since SF3: New Generation & Giant Attack(Giant Impact in the U.S.) did so poorly when it came out in `96, they haven't made anything to advance the SF3 storyline other then the epioluge that came out in 1999 (Third Strike). Most of us know that some storylines ended openly (For one, Ryu isn't actually training with Oro, they just managed to be in the same place, seriously, it's just a conincidance they were lifting rocks).

So if Capcom wanted to do a really good 2D fighter. They would need the minds that brought them the money. They wouldn't want a flop. And they suck with ports. Like SNK.

And the american market these days are concerned more about graphics then a control system.

How can a crappy 3D game get passed teh SCEA and not a horrible, very fine 2D, controls very well fighter/RPG.

How ever. Things might change if Capcom Fighting Jam does well. With Udon doing the Street Fighter comics(and endings to CFJ) which I have yet to demise as "horrible" (their good, a little with the plot holes, but it's good). We could see a Street Fighter 4 or another 2D fighter from them in due time that nothing goes horribly(as in, that could dent, or in worse case, destory Capcom's injinuity to make Fighters, let along 2D ones) wrong. SNK can shove NGBC up their ares. I want my CFJ.