The 1emulation horror story!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part the IVth: The Chase

Blue_Line finished off the dregs of yet another cup of coffee and opened up his email inbox. He couldn't avoid confrontation with the admin of 1emulation any longer if he wanted to get any further with this case. His goons had emailed him with Gamecop's current activities - they had tracked him down to a MMORPG called QuestQuest. This MMORPG featured a 'realistic' conversation simulator, meaning you talked with microphones, but could only chat with people who were within your character's earshot. Well, thought Blue_Line, at least that meant he and Gamecop would be able to converse without being overheard, if they found a seclusive enough location.

Blue_Line logged into the game, chose the character with the appearance that most resembled him, and rushed through allocating his statistics. When he was done, he spawned in Townia, the default entry point for the QuestQuest world. He surveyed the surroundings. Damn, he thought, this place was huge, how was he ever going to find...

A character who was using the nick gamecop used to play QuestQuest caught his attention. "Gamecop!" he blurted out, and then wished he hadn't. To his knowledge, no other 1emulation members played QuestQuest, and Gamecop had never talked about his QuestQuest character with any 1emulation members. Because Blue_Line had called Gamecop by that name, Gamecop could safely assume that he was a police officer who had been monitoring Gamecop's activities. Still, thought Blue_Line, Gamecop wouldn't actually try to run away unless he had anything to hide...

Gamecop paused, looked around and then ran away as fast as his character could travel. Blue_Line swore and took to the chase.

Blue_Line followed Gamecop into a forest, jumped over a stump blocking the path, and tried desperately to out-flank his target. Gamecop, being a higher-level character than Blue_Line, was faster and could jump higher, but Blue_Line had real-life expertise in chasing suspects, and he applied that experience to the chase at hand.

Gamecop, followed closely behind by Blue_Line, zigged and zagged through the forest, jumping over stumps, and glancing off trees like they were scorepoints on a pinball table. More than once Blue_Line thought he had fallen too far behind Gamecop, but each time he managed to find some alternate route which shortened the distance once again. Finally, after what seemed like 20 minutes of chasing, Blue_Line cornered Gamecop at the edge of a deep ravine.

Blue_Line saw Gamecop dart his head around for an alternate route. When he saw that he was fully cornered, he swore.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Gamecop asked.

"I want to talk to you about your website, 1emulation.com -"

"Why can't you guys just leave emulation sites alone?"

Blue_Line faultered. "Excuse me?"

"Who are you?" Gamecop snapped. "MPAA?"

Recognition hit Blue_Line like a wet sponge. He grinned. "I can assure you I am not with the MPAA. Look, I'm sending you a link to my personal website. It has my rank and a list of my latest collars."

"Okay," Gamecop said. There was a pause. "But, you're a homocide detective?"

"That is correct," Blue_Line said.

"So what are you doing investigating 1emulation.com?"

"One of your members, N3wbie81, was recently murdered."

"Murdered?!?" even without a view of Gamecop's face, the horror and disbelief in his voice convinced Blue_Line that Gamecop was innocent.

"That is corect," Blue_Line said again. "And what is more, I am convinced that the culprit was a member of 1emulation.com."

"One of us? Well...of course I will do anything I can to help you with your enquiries."

Blue_Line was relieved. "Good, because I need you to get me the password to N3wbie81's account. We have so far been unable to log in using his name."

"Of course, but, it will take some time," Gamecop said.

"Don't worry about that. Just send an email to the address on my website when you are done."

'Okay," gamecop said and logged out of the game.

Finally, thought Blue_Line, he was making some progress in this case. Now all he had to do was wait.

"Well," he said out loud. "As long as I'm waiting I might as well build up some experience points..."

To Be Continued

Edited by random guy

Going To Everquest?! Damn. I'm Starting To Lose Intrest, So If The Next Chapter Isn't Great, I'm Gonna Kill Some One Agian,... Woops I've Said To Much.

Part The Last

Or

No-one Reads this Anymore Anyway

"Okay, I'm ready," said Gamecop.

"Good," said Blue_Line. Although he was sitting hundreds of miles away from Gamecop, he was remote-linked into Gamecops computer, meaning he could see what was on Gamecop's screen as it appeared, in real time. They could also talk to each other via microphones.

"I just have to log into N3wbie81's account," continued Gamecop. "and to do that I need to find the password..."

Blue_Line tapped his fingers impatiently on the desk as Gamecop searched  for the password.

"Aha!" said Gamecop. "I've found it."

"Okay, log right in - " Blue_Line was interrupted by a call on his mobile. "Keep going, and check his private message folder." He said to gamecop as he reached for the phone.

"Hello?" said Blue_Line, then "Dammit Jim, I'm extremely busy here, what is it?"

"We've got the autopsy results back, and it seems that - " The rest of Jim's reply, something about the message being dangerously stupid, was drowned out by Gamecop, who loudly shouted, "What??? No! It can't be. That's impossible!" Then the connection on Gamecop's end went dead. With the speed at which this happened Blue_Line figured that gamecop must have yanked the powercord  for his computer out from the wall. Oh well, at least he still had access to the private message. He hung up on Jim, who was still yelling wildly about something or other, and loaded up the message.

When the message loaded, Blue_line tried to scream. He sunk to his knees,  trying desperately to tear his eyes from the screen. But it was too late. The message was already affecting his brain, brain-cells were dying rapidly, unable to cope with the sheer stupidity of the message. Finally, Blue_Line could resist it no longer; his body slumped as his brain became too damaged to function. As the life faded from behind blue_line's eyes, his pupils narrowed, focusing on just one sentence from the fatal message until those words were all he could see;

"You turkey, you damn, quit hiding behind "we"!"

The End

Edited by random guy

that was great. heheh. time for you to start thinkig about

the sequel.