Gradius V

They finally beat silvergun. This game owns so much its not even funny.

They even brought back one of the life force bosses complete with some nice remixed music from the game. Graphics are amazing, watching the lasers move with type 2 options are almost hypnotic. The stage 3 boss is also a throwback to silvergun, dodging a huge laser behind blocks, hen poking out to attack. its classic.

and very freakin hard.

Never, your screwed.

I can't wait to get it though, huge Gradius fan.  I'm still looking for a copy of III and IV for the PS2.

Damn damn damn damn...Well, got to find that Gradius III/IV pack then.

i remember playing Gradius III on the SNES a long time ago...

actually after i got into ZSNES i did a side-by side comparison and concluded that R-type 3 was better than Gradius 3. I haven't gotten to play R-type Final yet but how does it stack up to Gradius V?

i remember playing Gradius III on the SNES a long time ago...

actually after i got into ZSNES i did a side-by side comparison and concluded that R-type 3 was better than Gradius 3.  I haven't gotten to play R-type Final yet but how does it stack up to Gradius V?

As I haven't played Gradius V, I can't say anything about that....but R-Type Final, man that r0x0rs my b0x0rs and looks good too.

Edited by Agozer

Not trying to sound like a weird fanboy here, but as good as r-type final is, it cannot come close to gradius v.

I am not going to compare graphics, because even though they are 3d, each has their own special look to them. although i do prefer gv's over rtf.

Level design and boses is where gv truly shines. Each boss is so unique and takes some real thought to get through. When you fight a boss scaling down the wall, crashing blocks at you all the while dodging both the blocks and the enemy's fire, you will see.

i just hope they still have the 'delta option' ( i forget the real name) mode as a selection:

...(--)

......(--)

...............\----___........................+ energy charge laser....= death

.......(--)

....(--)

ah those were the days :P