which is the better codec pack, Nimo or K-Lite?

Dynamo

Which is the better codec pack out of these 2 (or are there better out there)? I currently have Nimo but ive been told elsewhere that im better off downloading the codecs seperately. Thing is i dont know which codecs exactly to d/l seperately so i stick to codec packs. So should i d/l the codecs seperately (and if so which ones) or stick to codec packs (and if so which one) because i want to be able to play all the video file formats and what not.....

Klite. But yeah, I would rather get specific codecs seperately (especially the XviD codec).

The last (and ONLY) time I installed a codec pack, it screwed up 3 existing codecs, and when I uninstalled it I even lost codecs I had installed on my own that it had apparently overwritten. I even lost all my frickin MP3 codecs, and was left unable to even play music let alone a movie that had MP3 audio.

Stick to individual codecs, packs are junk.

The last (and ONLY) time I installed a codec pack, it screwed up 3 existing codecs, and when I uninstalled it I even lost codecs I had installed on my own that it had apparently overwritten. I even lost all my frickin MP3 codecs, and was left unable to even play music let alone a movie that had MP3 audio.

Stick to individual codecs, packs are junk.

What codec pack did you install so we can watch out for it.

Also on the topic, I use K-Lite. I don't see what's the difference between getting the codec pack and getting them seperately, except the codec pack saves me time.

I don't see what's the difference between getting the codec pack and getting them seperately, except the codec pack saves me time.

Yah, I agree. I've been using Nimo for so long that it's hard to let go.

I would assume it would be the Tsunami Codec Pack. Because I had trouble with that codec pack when uninstalling it.

Well,guess from hearing it here and elsewhere i should d/l seperate codecs. Which audio/video/etc. codecs should i d/l seperately that will allow me to view most file formats and enhance my sound and whatnot?