Sony Ps3 Could Cost Up To $500

A dvd burner?  Why in all of my personal hell would they include a DVD BURNER!  As if it has any purpose at all!  If I wanted to burn dvds I'd burn 'em with my fricken PC.  I'll not pay for this!

Its actually smart idea if you think of it from the criminal side of it.

Someone steals the ps3 and then you have to go and buy another one.

You get screwed and Sony wins again!

Yeah, you know who steals it? SONY! You buy their console...they steal it back...and they re-box it and sell it again. Look, we're making twice the profit!

That's why you put a sticker hidden somewhere in the ps3 so when you buy it back.

You can find your sticker and say

THIS SIS MINE YOU STUPID ****FACES.

Then you make a lawsuit and

You win <_<

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A dvd burner?  Why in all of my personal hell would they include a DVD BURNER!  As if it has any purpose at all!  If I wanted to burn dvds I'd burn 'em with my fricken PC.  I'll not pay for this!

Its actually smart idea if you think of it from the criminal side of it.

Someone steals the ps3 and then you have to go and buy another one.

You get screwed and Sony wins again!

Yeah, you know who steals it? SONY! You buy their console...they steal it back...and they re-box it and sell it again. Look, we're making twice the profit!

That's why you put a sticker hidden somewhere in the ps3 so when you buy it back.

You can find your sticker and say

THIS SIS MINE YOU STUPID ****FACES.

Then you make a lawsuit and

You win <_<

Interesting concept, but I don't want to start a trend. It'd kind of be better for them to stay in business, despite their obvious stupidity at times.

Yeah. Bcuz Sony best known For RPGs and Fighting games basically <_<

And those are 2 of my favorite genres <_<

(What I meant by that is most good RPGs and Fighting games are on their console)

I wonder if these alleged different PS3s will have the same hardware but with certain stuff disabled. I'm sure some hax0rs will either figure out that some quick soldering or a firmware upgrade could enable the rest of the features. Kind of like how it is with video cards and CPUs. <_<

That what i'm thinking Sony will do to cut cornors when mass producing it. I mean, look at ATi, their 9800 Pro 256MB cards are just 9800XT cards, downsized and underclocked.

I think the only purpose of the DVD burner will be to use the PS3 as a VCR. Maybe with a little modding here and there it will be able to copy games?  <_<

How can it be used as a VCR? If they add a VCR to it, I swear I'll kill every last one of them...

I think the only purpose of the DVD burner will be to use the PS3 as a VCR. Maybe with a little modding here and there it will be able to copy games?  <_<

How can it be used as a VCR? If they add a VCR to it, I swear I'll kill every last one of them...

Well, a DVR...

Sounds like the Neogeo console when it first came out.

Meaning that it costs a fortune, but it's still awesome when one has it. <_>

I really don't need the extra features though.