Cfj & Ggisuka Character Update

Wizard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame Capcom of America for making the change. Although M.Bison fits the evil dude quite nicely. Balrog isn't a spainish-like name.

I blame Capcom of America for making the change. Although M.Bison fits the evil dude quite nicely. Balrog isn't a spainish-like name.

Let's see: How many games are there that were censored for the maerican market? I can't keep track. I blame Nintendo of America for most of it, but it's not like the only one. SNK anyone?

It wasn't censorship, it was an avoidance of potential legal hassle. You've heard of a big mean black dude named Mike Tyson, right? Now, imagine if some big mean black dude named M. Bison was in a game, and was also a boxer, much like this particular M. Tyson. Someone might want to sue... Rather than put up with that crap, Capcom of America shifted a few names around.

I'd rather they just renamed that one character though... Balrog (traditionally a demon-like creature. quite fitting, given his fits of bloodlust.) was a much better name for the spanish ninja, and Vega just sounds better than "M. Bison" for an end boss.

CVS2 Vega (Bison in the U.S.) used SFA moveset, which is much more powerful then his SF2 moveset.

• 1 month later...
Rose...that's a random addition. - Gryphonklaw

Rose was really the main character in the Alpha series (certainly story wise).

Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li obviously had to represent old street fighter's in the past, but the whole main jist was Rose's battle against Vega.

No one understands how much of a critical character she is to represent the Alpha games. They probably wouldn't use her on a game like this (like they never did in MvsC series even though she is so integral) because she essentially sacrificed herself to Vega's psycho power in an attempt to save the world - and that was the whole point of her existing. But this just proves how essential she is to the Alpha series.

Plus, she is one of my most powerful characters, no one beats her. But that wasn't the reason I wanted her on CFJ. :P

yeah i agree bout rose. as unpopular as she may be compared to the original street fighters, rose is one powerful character if u kno how to use her.

anyways, both sounds good to me. tho im not as crazy bout isuka bc of the chaotic 4 player thing which i find kinda overboard, fighting games seem to be sorta comin back this year...sorta haha

MUKURO OWNS ALL!!!

I'm glad I finally get a description of A.B.A for GGI. I kept wondering what she'd look like since I never saw any pics if any.

Edited by Skythe