Hate To Sound Like A Dumbass....

Click a torrent with seeders, save the torrent, open the torrent, choose a location to save the file, then leave alone for minutes/hours/days.

Bit torrent is a completely decentralized p2p where all users download stuff from each other...basically thats it.

To use it, download the.torrent (which are very small) of the file you want. Atleast one person has to have it seeded which means there must be atleast 1 person with the whole file on their computer. Then by using a Bit Torrent client you load the torrent and that connects to the people that have the file on their computer and it downloads it from them. And while you are downloading, it uploads too so everyone is always getting and receiving something. The more people that have a certain file means you will get it faster.

You can go to Google and find the different clients. There is the official one, Azureus, Sharaza, BitTornado, and some other ones. Azureus is the coolest but I don't have the link offhand so Google is your friend.

Hope that helps. If anyone can explain it better, please go ahead.

Thx a lot. That is a great help. I just started to d/l with it. I'm finding that Bittorrent is quite reliable compared to other P2P's. I guess because bit torrent makes sure it has a source whereas the other P2P's only offer a list of possible sources but make no guarantees on its reliability.

Edited by DoubleDragon

i'm using edonkey - overnet. is it any good? (i mean in comparison)

I access the EDK network using Shareaza and the download queues for EDK are ridiculously long. Give me BT and Gnutella anyday.

i'm using edonkey - overnet. is it any good? (i mean in comparison)

I access the EDK network using Shareaza and the download queues for EDK are ridiculously long. Give me BT and Gnutella anyday.

I agree. The Gnutella2 network and BitTorrent go past eDonkey anyday. Besides, most of the eDonkey servers are usually kept by germans, which is enough to scare any sane person off. :(