Trying To Open A Game File.

I hope this is the right place to ask. I just downloaded 10.29.03.SILENT.HILL.3.DVD-DEViANCE from supernova. There are 3 files labeled dev-sih3.r00, dev-sih3.r01, and dev-sih3.r02. I've tried a few things like renaming them.rar and trying to uncompress them but I'm new to this and don't have a big bag of tricks. This is supposed to be a PC game, if that matters.

Edited by Retnaburn

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open the.r00 in WinRAR (with the open dialog) and start exacting from there. WinRAR will extract the following volumes automatically. NEVER try to rename extensions of compressed formats (unless you really know that it fixes things rather than breaks them).

Edited by Agozer

Thanks for the help. I use winace and for some reason thats not working, I'll try winrar later today. As far as renaming, I always do my tinkering on a copy, learned the hard way long ago. ;)

Thanks for the help. I use winace and for some reason thats not working, I'll try winrar later today. As far as renaming, I always do my tinkering on a copy, learned the hard way long ago. :P

WinACE is useless. You'll be much better off with WinRAR.

Ok, your advice worked but I've run into another problem. When I extract from the rightclick menu, it tells me I need a.r03 file to continue. When I try to extract by double clicking it freezes my puter for a minute then tells me the file is corrupt. I read that torrent files couldn't be sent corrupt, that it was designed to check as you d/l.

This is so frustrating, I really appreciate your help. I hope I haven't hit a dead end with this.

Ok, your advice worked but I've run into another problem. When I extract from the rightclick menu, it tells me I need a.r03 file to continue. When I try to extract by double clicking it freezes my puter for a minute then tells me the file is corrupt. I read that torrent files couldn't be sent corrupt, that it was designed to check as you d/l.

This is so frustrating, I really appreciate your help. I hope I haven't hit a dead end with this.

Well then you're missing the.03 file and need to download it. Your archive is incomplete.

I didn't think it would be that simple. =p I assumed the files from that site came complete. Does anyone know where I can pick up the rest of it?

I didn't think it would be that simple. =p I assumed the files from that site came complete. Does anyone know where I can pick up the rest of it?

They should all be somewhere where you got the other parts from. Here's a question, how big are the.r00,.r01,.r02 files?

They should all be somewhere where you got the other parts from. Here's a question, how big are the.r00,.r01,.r02 files?

50 million bytes each, exactly. Suspicious.