Trying To Open A Game File.

They should all be somewhere where you got the other parts from. Here's a question, how big are the.r00,.r01,.r02 files?

50 million bytes each, exactly. Suspicious.

Add them all up and you should get at least 3.5GB (?). It's not suspicious, it's just files splitted up. I remember Emperor: Battle for Dune PCRIP was 127.6 megs, and it was split up seperatly to fit on 1.45mb Diskettes, which in turn was around 88 diskettes.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150 million bytes is ~143 MB. What I thought was suspicious tho is they're all the same size down to the byte.

edit: I just found the rest of them on Supernova. It says "Silent Hill 3 DVD [Missing r00-r02]" 2600mb. I dont remember seeing it there yesterday. Thanks again for the help guys.

Edited by Retnaburn

They're all exactly the same size because they are supposed to be. The person who compressed it let winrar split the file in lot's of pieces, putting in a exact number. All the files are that size except the last one.

It's not mysterious, it's always like that.

They should all be somewhere where you got the other parts from. Here's a question, how big are the.r00,.r01,.r02 files?

50 million bytes each, exactly. Suspicious.

Then you are definitely missing an archive, since the last part is usually smaller than the preceding ones.

Well, after all that I'm having a problem installing programs, probly caused by one of the games I installed to pass the time in the days it took to download this. I either get runtime error 1067, or that windows installer couldn't be accessed because it's not installed correctly, or that I'm trying to install onto the wrong OS or OS version. I found many fixes for these problems that probly would have worked if I didn't have them all at once. I'm going to have to reformat and start the download over. =\ Hopefully I'll be able to post my success here in less then a week.

Edited by Retnaburn

Reformatting is a bad option unless you backed up your stuff. For Runtime Errors, update windows (it's a pain, but do it). And go find the last 2 archives to complete the set up, it's totally wasteful to do so.

I reformat fairly often so it's not a problem. I just pop in the system discs and I'm back to a fresh from the store start. I only use this box for gaming so I'm not losing anything important when I do, it's just time consuming.

I'm not sure what you mean by update windows. I run windows update weekly, but I have a feeling that's not what you're talking about. When I tried to fix the install errors I was getting I redownloaded windows installer and when I tried to install it I got the wrong os/version error. When I tried to fix the runtime error I followed the directions from the websites like this one I saw that for some reason I wasn't seeing what I should. I don't have a security tab for the installer properties window, and I don't have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield in my registry. Another thing, on this page it says that win xp already has the windows installer engine 2.0 and that I shouldn't have to install it. I'm guessing that's why I got the wrong os/version error when trying to install it but that doesn't explain why I got that error when trying to install games.

As far as the last 2 archives, I think you're talking about the silent hill 3 download that was my first problem? Well, you guys gave great advice and I found and downloaded the rest of it, I extracted it and was all ready to install when I realized the install problem effected it as well. Unfortunately I deleted all the.r** files to make room for the extraction so I can't burn them to cd. At the moment I'm trying to burn the files I'd already extracted in hopes that I wont have to redownload that file. It took me several days to complete.

Well, I got it all onto CDs and reformatted. Copying them and find out 2 puny files have errors and wont copy. Gah, so frustrating. Back to downloading it all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update. I downloaded it again and unpacked. Was in the process of trying to figure out what I needed to burn to a CD to make it work when I realised it probly needed to be burned to a DVD to be installed, hence the dvd-rip in the name. I'm cursed.

Thanks for the tip. It took me a while to figure out how to use it but I finallly installed the game. I've run into another problem now tho (told ya I'm cursed). When I try to run the game I get a box that says wrong disc inserted weather I start it from daemon or from my drive. Do I need to burn something to CD now? I figured it would treat daemon as the disc.