Which Browser Do You Use?

Which browser do you use?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And hopefully a new episode for Gryph's Grandia episode.

:P:lol::lol:

Yes yes...in time. Hopefully another n00b will pop around just asking for it. One can only hope! :lol:

I tried to download Opera but the damn server didn't respond. What the hell?!

:lol:

go to download.com, i think you can find it there, the newest vers is 7.25, i really like it.

here.

http://download.com.com/3000-2356-10262963.html?tag=lst-0-6

enjoy

Thank you good sir. Now I must find a crack or something for it...

did you just call me again? :( pm with your email and i´ll send you the info when i get home.

Oh don't worry, I found one. I'm no n00b. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefox

And IE is NOT a browser, it's an "HTML Renderer", by W3C standards. IE is TEH SUCK and so is Microsoft. :blink:

meh

It works and it supports 98% of the web.

Firefox

And IE is NOT a browser, it's an "HTML Renderer", by W3C standards. IE is TEH SUCK and so is Microsoft. :P

meh

It works and it supports 98% of the web.

Which is enough for me. Screw you elitist bastards. :blink:

Here's what I have to say about the browsers I've tried so far:

Personally, I'm using Mozilla right now. I used Netscape Communicator for years (let say since '94) which was good and has always been faster than MSIE. In those days Netscape was the standard and MSIE was a really poor browser until version 4.00. The fact MSIE became bundled with Windows 95 OSR2 instantly made it the most used browser even if it wasn't the best. Then Netscape launched their Gecko engine. I didn't liked it at first but now, I love it! When Netscape stopped to update their browser (latest is 7.2 based on Mozilla 1.4 if I recall correctly), I logically went for Mozilla. I also like Firefox which is the most cuting-edge browser. The only advantages Mozilla got over this one is being fully integrated (like Communicator). It features mail support, an address book, an IRC client and an optional calendar. But it's sure that if I only needed a browser, I would take Firefox! (I really like the little Google search box integrated to the toolbar but the Mozilla's modern theme is better looking). Anyway, those two browsers are really faster than Internet Explorer and have thetwo features you can't live without once you tried them: the tabbed browsing and the integrated popup blocking. Add to this that Netscape/Mozilla exists for Windows, Linux and Macintoch. The only disadvantage is there are some sites created for internet explorer only (those websites don't follow W3C guidelines and have incorrect HTML code). But it's only a minority of pages.

Opera is fast but got serious troubles with webpage formatting some times.

Konqueror; I really don't like it (but I neither like the whole KDE). On Linux, I rather use Mozilla.

Arachne (DOS browser). Slow, outdated, forget most plugins... But it was a nice try and I used it for some time, but again, even if I don't like windows, there was Netscape (which was much better) for Windows 3.1 as an alternative.

That's my though, and only my though.