Which Browser Do You Use?

Which browser do you use?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think this has been done before...I did a search and I couldn't find it, so here's the question: what browser are you using? I ask because I just downloaded Firefox and I'm really digging it. How about you guys? Also, are there any browsers I forgot?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll come out of the closet now...Internet Explorer 6. I live on the edge. Other browsers just don't seem right in this stoneage comp of mine.

Edited by Agozer

I'll come out of the closet now...Internet Explorer 6. I live on the edge. Other browsers just don't seem right in this stoneage comp of mine.

All the more reason not to be using IE that being the case. There are far better alternatiives. Opera for instance, uses far less resources than IE on Windows.

All the more reason not to be using IE that being the case. There are far better alternatiives. Opera for instance, uses far less resources than IE on Windows.

You think I haven't tried Opera? :P As I said, for some reason, other browsers just don't feel "right", less resources or not.

You think I haven't tried Opera? :P As I said, for some reason, other browsers just don't feel "right", less resources or not.

well, how do you define "right"

The other browsers force me to redownload flash/java/whatever plugins and all the other stuff. They had a tendency of 1) Screwing up my Favoites after importing 2) Not importing my Favorites at all for some reason.

Other browsers have weird way of loading pictures and they seemed too slow when loading pages, java loading takes longer...or then I'm just paranoid.

Either all that or then I'm just too accustomed to using IE.

Edited by Agozer

The other browsers force me to redownload flash/java/whatever plugins and all the other stuff. They had a tendency of 1) Screwing up my Favoites after importing 2) Not importing my Favorites at all for some reason.

Other browsers have weird way of loading pictures and they seemed too slow when loading pages, java loading takes longer...or then I'm just paranoid.

Either all that or then I'm just too accustomed to using IE.

Funny how I don't experience them (sans the importing of favourites). My conclusion: yup, you must be too accustomed to IE. Hopefully you are also not accustomed to the popups/adware/spyware/blahblah that come "bundled".

Well I use IE6 of course. I understand what you're saying when it doesnt feel right. I was using this other browser for a couple months and everything imported right, but for some strange reason I went back to IE6. Though I am willing to try something new. What's the best browser out there as of now? I'll download that. ^^

Funny how I don't experience them (sans the importing of favourites). My conclusion: yup, you must be too accustomed to IE. Hopefully you are also not accustomed to the popups/adware/spyware/blahblah that come "bundled".

I'm sensing some hostility. I hope this doesnt escalate into something like an argument. :P

Edited by Gouken

Well I use IE6 of course. I understand what you're saying when it doesnt feel right. I was using this other browser for a couple months and everything imported right, but for some strange reason I went back to IE6. Though I am willing to try something new. What's the best browser out there as of now? I'll download that. ^^

I'm sensing some hostility. I hope this doesnt escalate into something like an argument. :P

Hostility? You're reading into it too much. This is an online forum where anyone and everyone can post masquerading behind some nickname. Take a pinch of salt.

IMHO, the best browser right now is Konqueror. But you'll need to switch your entire OS (I'm assuming you're on Windows or some variant) to use it. The best browser on Windows (IMO again), would have to be Opera. I have had no problems with it so far. It's fast, small, doesn't pollute the registry with crap, handles those pesky popups, has an intuitive UI, mouse gestures, allows your browsing record (history/cache/urls etc) to be deleted easily (whether thru the browser UI, or by manually deleting files) and Opera Software (the company) has a fantastic track record of fixing bugs and no, I don't work for Opera Software, nor do I own stock.

Edited by ugenn

I'm pretty much in control of the adware/spyware some some popups and certificates try to install because I've heavily restricted ActiveX object loading = Gives me more control...and there's always Google Toolbar. :P

I don't sense much hostility, just different views; nothing wrong with that.

@Ugenn: Are you using a *NIX derivative, btw? Linux?

Edited by Agozer