Dreamcast Disk Drive Problems?

The image must had a lot of 00s or FFs (if you looked at it in a hex editor). Unless the nfo said you needed a 80 minute disc, you could've probably burned it to a 75 minute CD-R. About the typing, just search eBay or some second game store for the DC keyboard. It comes in handy when playing online (especially FPS). BTW, why does everybody misspell disc? Disk is used for floppies and hard drives while disc is used for CDs, DVDs, and laserdiscs. Oh well, no big whup.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might get a keyboard but I'm more interested in getting a VGA Box and an arcade controller.

Well for me VGA is good even though i've only tried it on a few games but the VGA only makes 3d games look good. For some reason everytime i play a 2d game it looks pixeld(sp?) but 3d games look really good. It's up to you, but about the arcade stick, im not too sure whats good, im still looking my self. I bought the official one "agtech" and it kinda sux cux the stick base is square and not a circle for "360" motin which makes it kind of difficult for 2d fighters, i feel like getting rid of it, not the keybord is good, especially if you have or really like FPS cuz it makes it a whole lot easier. Well thats about it, tell me if you ever get a good arcade stick and tell me what it's like.

Here's the Joystick

Edited by Cominus

I'm trying to find a good VGA box that lets me connect my monitor to my PC and my DC at the same with a switch to change between each device. And a headphone jack or something to connect my PC speaker system to it. All of the ones I have seen so far only have RCA Out and VGA Out and no VGA In.

I found one once but it said it worked with XBOX, PS2, GC, but not the DC. I don't see how that's possible, but I don't want to waste my money on uncertainty.

But technically any thing with RCA in and VGA out should work, right?

And I came across this arcade stick just now: Dreamcast Arcade Stick

That one is cheap, but low quality. If you are going to use it for fighting games I wouldn't buy it. The official Sega Agetec stick is very good quality however, it will last for years and years. Yes, the stick base is a square which takes getting used to, I didn't like it at first, but if you keep playing with it you won't even notice after a while. I even saw some japanese Street Fighter 3 tournaments in which all the players used that stick.

Lik Sang has it listed but it's out of stock though :(.

I'm trying to find a good VGA box that lets me connect my monitor to my PC and my DC at the same with a switch to change between each device. And a headphone jack or something to connect my PC speaker system to it. All of the ones I have seen so far only have RCA Out and VGA Out and no VGA In.

I found one once but it said it worked with XBOX, PS2, GC, but not the DC. I don't see how that's possible, but I don't want to waste my money on uncertainty.

But technically any thing with RCA in and VGA out should work, right?

And I came across this arcade stick just now: Dreamcast Arcade Stick

Sure dude go for the cheapest arcade stick you can find, lol! Well if you buy it tell me what it's like. Well i have the Naki or Maki VGA box which is good i suppose, well siba has the same one so it must be good. I got it for like 15 plus shipping i think, or maybe it came out to 15 with shipping, not too sure, but go with that one if you find it, i got it off of ebay too.

Does your VGA box let you connect your PC and your DC at the same time with a switch to change between them?

What are you talking about? You mean like if you had the dc connected to a tv and a pc moniter? if yes then yes, but if you mean between the "real" pc screen and the DC pc screen, then no. I dont think there is a VGA box out there that does this, well not atleast one for $20 and under, you'd have to buy one for like $40-60. The VGA box is meant for the PC monitor, oh yeah it also comes with the s-video cable thing that lets you connect your dc to a "HD" tv, or one with the s-video connection port "plug" but my tv dont have it so i wouldnt know about "HD" game quality... :(

Edited by Cominus

Does your VGA box let you connect your PC and your DC at the same time with a switch to change between them?

What are you talking about? You mean like if you had the dc connected to a tv and a pc moniter? if yes then yes, but if you mean between the "real" pc screen and the DC pc screen, then no. I dont think there is a VGA box out there that does this, well not atleast one for $20 and under, you'd have to buy one for like $40-60. The VGA box is meant for the PC monitor, oh yeah it also comes with the s-video cable thing that lets you connect your dc to a "HD" tv, or one with the s-video connection port "plug" but my tv dont have it so i wouldnt know about "HD" game quality... :(

I guess I'll have to get one of the expensive ones then. It's going to weird to have to pay more of a VGA Box than I paid for my DC.

The way my computer is set up, it would be quite a hassle to change the cable between each device.

I guess I'll have to get one of the expensive ones then. It's going to weird to have to pay more of a VGA Box than I paid for my DC.

The way my computer is set up, it would be quite a hassle to change the cable between each device.

It's best to ask the seller about these kind of things, they should know, well atlest if the item isn't brand new or something.

I might get a keyboard but I'm more interested in getting a VGA Box and an arcade controller.

Well for me VGA is good even though i've only tried it on a few games but the VGA only makes 3d games look good. For some reason everytime i play a 2d game it looks pixeld(sp?) but 3d games look really good. It's up to you, but about the arcade stick, im not too sure whats good, im still looking my self. I bought the official one "agtech" and it kinda sux cux the stick base is square and not a circle for "360" motin which makes it kind of difficult for 2d fighters, i feel like getting rid of it, not the keybord is good, especially if you have or really like FPS cuz it makes it a whole lot easier. Well thats about it, tell me if you ever get a good arcade stick and tell me what it's like.

Here's the Joystick

Thats strange, I use the official Arcade Stick and it's got circular motion, perhaps there are different releases, as I have also heard that one batch of official Arcade sticks could flock up your Dreamcast and the saves on your VMU.

In my opnion go for the Official one if you can get hold of one, and as for the Dreamcast sounds, I have noticed that 1st genaration Dreamcast's tend to have a louder disc access noise, compared to newer models, I have two 1st Gen, and 2 newer releases which I used to test this.