Samurai Spirits Zero Special (not Loketest)

Wizard

SSZS non beta info! Out of loke! w00t!

The game is out ! Yippie !

Just a few details I grabbed here and there :

Mizuki is amongst the weakest characters of the game. But hey, the true fans of the series died to use her since SSS so we will use her however.

Suija sama is as strong as ever. The computer can use him and Enja, and he is a true biatch with Enja (he's harder than the bosses : he uses his 3 hit move up to the rokudo without ever missing).

Gedotan is not too much weaken. some of his moves are a bit slower (the spirits, the tongue, the normal C) but the rest is intact, his grab is as awesome as ever, and his flash kick is useful. Mina is still his natural predator, but some of the moves she got toned down affect Gedo a lot (for examble, her down B is a little bit slower, it's possible to roll through it).

Suija sama is awesome.

There are some new voices, for the zetsumei ôgi, but it's interesting to note that the voices were in SS0's rom, but not accessible (if you look into the rom, you could hear some voices that were not used in the game, like those of the 6 girlfriends of Yoshitora for example). Mizuki's voice is all new, I don't know for Amakusa or Zankurô.

The backgrounds are great and numerous, but no one bothered to do a complete list of them. The bosses all have their background, some remixed (Mizuki's is great).

Suijasama's zetsumei ougi is gorgeous. He takes the guy, says "cry for your life", then does... things, "on second thought... die", then he throws the guy in the air, takes his god-like pose, and there is a blood shower on him.

OH ! and it seems that you can kill people like in the older games, with the body cut in two and the winner covered with blood. AND, but I'm not sure of that, but Rimururu can't do that (none of her moves will really "kill" the guy, even her zetsumei) BUT she may be killable.

----------------

SNKP has nothing to do with this game. This is why it is gorgeous.

So... The computer seems extremely tricky (lighting fast reaction, someone says he has the feeling to fight a KOF boss at every fight). The 2 last bosses, Gaô and Mizuki, are really weak through.

After Mizuki, you just have the staff roll, with every character taking a pose (like in the beta test, you fight a boss, and killing him with an issen or a zetsumei ougi leads you to the next one, and so on).

Mortal Kombat-like corpse list :

*being cut in two (by normal sword slashes, like before)

*falling, cut in two (Charolette's zetsumei)

*falling, spitting blood

*falling while covering the opponent with blood

*being cut in 4 horizontaly (Jubei's zetsumei)

*skeleton (Gedo/Tamtam zetsumei)

*destruction of the upper half of the body (Mina/Kyoshiro zetsumei)

*destruction of the head (mizuki zetsumei)

*only the legs and the head left (Zankuro zetsumei)

*exploding against the wall (Gaira throw, Enja :lol:

*being slashed in mid air, blood in the air, then blood on the ground

*the body full of holes, then destroyed (Amakusa zetsumei)

*the body torn appart, the upper half falling left and the other right (Gao Zetsumei)

*only the head left on the ground, rolling (Basara zetsumei)

*complete destruction (Enja, Gaira zetsumei)

----------

So far, the overall strong characters are Gedo, Suijasama, Ukyo, Tamtam, Rera, Rasetsumaru, Shizumaru.

Zankuro, Haomaru, Charlotte, Hanzo are above average.

The only weak characters so far are Mizuki, Mina and Enja, while Yoshitora, Unpi and Basara are in the middle (with Sogetsu, Galford, etc).

Amakusa is weird, extremely strong against some characters, helpless against others, and Gao needs to get used to before doing anything effective.

But then, Mizuki is not SS0 Basara, and Enja is a little bit stronger than in SS0. The above-the-top characters are more numerous than just Yoshitora + Unpi + a few others, and the difference between the strong and weak characters is far lower than in other games, say Genjuro-Galford in SS0.

In other words, the general balance of the game is really solid so far. Can't wait.

This is compsed from 3 posts he posted. Click here for the original post. Solid balance, no sign of Mina ownage and Ukyo still owns. I'm happy :D Now to wait 6 weeks to 5 years for the rom :lol:

can't wait for all the emuleeches to show up begging for info, links, how do I? ect ect ect

can't wait for all the emuleeches to show up begging for info, links, how do I? ect ect ect

Like emsly put it around the time SVC was dumped: "N00bs are going to have a field day here."

Samurai Shodown Zero PS2 Edition is still on hold by the SCEA. But Xbox will get Samurai Shodown Zero Special Edition. DAMNIT Were being left out again. Well my ps2 finally died, so I have a reason to get an xbox now :D

Samurai Shodown Zero PS2 Edition is still on hold by the SCEA. But Xbox will get Samurai Shodown Zero Special Edition. DAMNIT Were being left out again.

well us xbox owners aren't getting left out for once, so that makes me happy!

k'dash, get yourself an xbox. you won't be sorry. I was once a billbox hater, but since I got it, I've never looked back :D