I Need Your Holy Mighty Advice

lancerx

Just shell out extra for a much better board and buy a good graphics card....

Hold off the graphics cards for a month, nVidia's and ATi's next gen cards come out soon :(;

Hold off the graphics cards for a month, nVidia's and ATi's next gen cards come out soon :(;

Nvidia already released their ones (well the specs of at least) and ATI's one is looking alot better....but they will cost a shitload more than the current graphic cards. But once they do get released the current graphic card prices will drop.... :-D

Nvidia already released their ones (well the specs of at least) and ATI's one is looking alot better....but they will cost a shitload more than the current graphic cards. But once they do get released the current graphic card prices will drop.... :-D

But will the new ATI be better or comparable to this GeForce 6? So far it seems that NVIDIA has owned ATI because ATI won't have 16 pipelines.

is this upcoming generation of vid cards running on the new pci? (can't remember the name, something cheasy like pcisuperhappygraphicsportlovedongles)

if so it's new mobo time for alot of people.

is this upcoming generation of vid cards running on the new pci? (can't remember the name, something cheasy like pcisuperhappygraphicsportlovedongles)

if so it's new mobo time for alot of people.

The GeForce 6 will use AGP but apparantly NVIDIA will release an adapter to let you use PCIExpress.

And from what I hear, the ATI will use PCIExpress. But I'm not 100% sure about that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And from what I hear, the ATI will use PCIExpress. But I'm not 100% sure about that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The ATi X800 will be on AGP 8X

The ATi X880 will be on PCI-E 16X

Ok i just made up my mind, i just sold the pc i built, now besides of the asus p4px board, wich one do you recommend?, i´m gonna buy it from here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactory.asp?catalog=280&DEPA=1

thanks.

It depends on how much money you want to shell out. And what devices do you plan on adding? What kind of P4 CPU will you use? What speed RAM are you going to use? All these must be taken into consideration before we recommend a mobo.