The Kofneowave Discussion Thread

Wizard

Remember what I said before in the last Neowave thread? Well, 99.5% of it is all true.

The Roster is as followed, but both me and my aunt (who is an avid KOF player in Japan, although she sucks, its fun. It rules when you family in 4 countries, I would tell you, but i'm lazy, its friking 1 AM and i'm sleepy) sense a disturbence. My aunt has been playing since KOF`98, which was introduced by her husband, my uncle.

When she played, she liked it because it was like playing 2k2 (which is what `98 is, but funner to me). I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but theres a few problems.

But yeah roster first (Maybe missing -as in HIDDEN- characters and i'm going from the top of my head.).

All Women's Team - Mai, King, Yuri

K` Team - K`, Whip, Maxima

Fatal Fury Team - Terry, Andy, Joe

Art of Fighting Team 2002 - Takuma, Robert, Ryo

Korea Team - Jhun, Chang, Choi

Orochi New Face Team/KOF98 Team - Shermie, Yoshiro, Chris

Iori Team/KOF96 Team - Iori, Mature, Vice

KOF97 Team - Yamazaki, Blue Mary, Billy Kane

Team Japan - Kyo, Benimaru, Goro Daimon

Ikari Team - Leona, Clark, Ralf

Pyscho Soliders Team - Athena, Chin, Kensou

Edit Characters Team - Kula, Shingo, Saishu

Boss - AOF2 Geese

Ok, the run down on most of the characters is; Based on their KOF2k2 versions. The absence of Kim is real. The 5 buttons, real. She told me that theres 3 modes to choose from, Super Cancel mode, which is like, cancling special moves into other special moves etc, Kinda like the 2k2 one, 3 Stocks. SDM and HSDM's cost 2 stocks.

Gaurd Break Mode - which is Just Defend from Garou. Can't AB Attack and SDM/HSDM cost 2 stocks.

MAX2 MODE - Ha ha, this mode apparently owns all the rest. Remember when you had 1/4 HP in 2k2 and able to pull off HSDM's with 2 stocks? Well, here, once your on the speck of death, it only uses 1 stock! Yes 1! W00t! Your gauge builds up automaticly. Can't do AB Rolls, although you can Recovery Roll *whep*

The HEAT mode is in all 3. You get 1 extra move and you do more damage at the cost of your life. Which you lose bit by bit as you are in HEAT MODE. There is a set timelimit or when you get hit it ends.

Character changes;

Mostly what everyone has said already at other forums (s-c.com, n-g.com, mmcafe, orochinagi, gamefaqs) made out everything already. Just to recap if you've didn't read them.

Saishu plays like `98 version. DM is Orochinagi. SDM is like Orochinagi, HSDM is a big friking Orochinagi No Style - You can move him around and possibly do a combo.

Ralf's Far C comes out faster.

King and Shingo play like their DC 2k2 counter parts with a few slight, unnoticable changes.

No one can find out Jhun's HSDM.

My aunt used Kula, Iori and Whip(Whip was my request, Shes cute :lol:), and found nothing much diffrent from their 2k2 versions. My aunt compained about the art. She's like, "Is that Takuma?!?" and such and such. With various characters, Kyo, Iori, Takuma, Ryo, Robert, Saishu and Ralf all look freaky. She wasn't able to reach AOF2 Geese, but.

Gathering information about him from GrandC(another person who went to the loke test) from the gamefaqs board.

Boss Information (spoiler... well, not really)

Geese Howard. Looks young. Completely redrawn. (Uses the same effects though) Stage is from AOF2. Voice is from SVC. Offensive and Defensive strength seem to be about 2x a normal character's. (not sure about this)

Moves:

Reppuken. Weak version seems to be the lifter from SvC. strong version seems to be double reppuken, ground fireball.

(move name: I don't play Geese, man. :lol::lol:. From AOF2. Has invincibility, multi-hitting move that hurts.

Sliding: Can be done after (above move name)

Explosion Ball (That's all it says, man. Don't look at me. :lol:)

DM: Deadly Rave. Unblockable Ranbu. Does 60-70% damage.

Well holy crap. Hes strong, almost like his SVCC carnation, sans infinity. HEY! At least its not a fscking overpowered for 4 games RUGAL.

Final say; From what she tells me, its fun because its like an Upgraded 2k2. But theres many ways to go and *hope* that they don't pull a SvCC and put un-tested, very, very, very, VERY FSCKING overpowered, hidden characters with infinties.

If she ever goes back, or when more info comes araise, I will update this thread. Which should be stickied because its KOF and its info to it. And we all love KOF don't we now. (Please sticky the sake of something that isn't related to emulation, but KOF)

this is a neo geo game, right?(stupiud question) i mean nrx or mame....

roster sucks........

following roster should exist:

- Kyo, Iori, Kusanagi, Chizuru

- Terry, Andy, Rock, Hokutomaru

- Takuma, Ryo, Robert, Marco

- Mai, Yuri, Kasumi, King

- Xiang Fei, Malin, Maylee, Hinako

- Kim, Jae, Dong, Kim Sue-il

- Jhun, Kang Baedal, Chang, Choi

- Shermie, Chris, Yashiro, Goenitz

- Rugal, Adelheid, Mature, Vice

- Joe, Hwa Jai, Gai, Tizoc

- Sayshu, Shingo, Moe, Kyoko

- Benimaru, Goro, Syo, Hayate

- Billy, Yamazaki, Gato, Mary

- Ralf, Heidern, Clark, Leona

- K', Whip, Maxima, Lin

- Shenwoo, Ash, Duo Lon, Eiji

- Vannessa, Ramon, Seth,

- Chin, Kensou, Bao, Athena

- Kula, Diana, Candy, Foxy

- Bob Wilson, Duck King, Franco, Alfred

Secred Chars:

- O Yashiro, O Shermie, O Chris, Orochi

- Mukai

- Kain

- Cool Choi, Smart Chang

- Another K'

- Evil Kim

- Mr. Karate

- Boss guy in AOF3

Boss: Nightmare Gesse Howard

now this is a roster!!!!!!!

I still don't see how they can take Kim out of the game. He's a KOF staple character. That's almost as drastic as taking Terry out. Well maybe not Terry... maybe Joe. Yeah, that'd be like taking Joe out.

And Axl, this is not going to be emulated on NRX, Mame, or any NeoGeo emulator for a long time...because its not for the NeoGeo. It's for the Atomiswave.

Hmph...I want Kim.

I still don't see how they can take Kim out of the game. He's a KOF staple character. That's almost as drastic as taking Terry out. Well maybe not Terry... maybe Joe. Yeah, that'd be like taking Joe out.

And Axl, this is not going to be emulated on NRX, Mame, or any NeoGeo emulator for a long time...because its not for the NeoGeo. It's for the Atomiswave.

Hmph...I want Kim.

And Atomiswave is loosely based on NAOMI....No no KOF2004, Metal Slug 6 and other titles for the Neo-Geo. Neo-Geo will get one last game, which will be Samurai Shodown V Special, after that it's R.I.P.

Hmph...I want Kim.

And Atomiswave is loosely based on NAOMI....No no KOF2004, Metal Slug 6 and other titles for the Neo-Geo. Neo-Geo will get one last game, which will be Samurai Shodown V Special, after that it's R.I.P.

Atomiswave is loosely based on NAOMI? I thought it was the exact same thing except it has less video RAM.

Sam Sho V Special...that'll be when the other 2000 1emu members will climb out of the woodworks and then go away till the next big emulation news. That'll be a pretty big occasion when Sam Sho V special comes out, the last big game for the NeoGeo. A sad and somber day it will be. :D

The problem with Axl's is, Playmore makes their dream matchs 3v3, ala 98/2k2. And those have sold very well because they are dream matchs.