Virtua Fighter

1. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

2. Cosplay

3. something

4. Virtua Fighter

What about the "Should I do this?" thread? ;)

'Should I Do This' fits rather well in there.

:D The Funny car pics thread also.

Here is my top 5 0r so:

1. Cosplay

2. Should I do this?

3. Virtua Fighter

4. Funny car pics

5. Street Fighter 3 third strike/Frost flame war thread

6. JennyJennyJenny Flame war thread :P

Well it seems that your top 4 threads are 4 that you've started. Someone here has a mighty inflated opinion of himself. :P

It's not that, I was just giving my honest opinion.

But Cosplay and Funny Car pics just ended up being complete spam-topics. If you want to spam, go to one of the emulation message boards that have a "spam section"! I mean, you especially were posting a picture a minute for lines of 10+ posts! AND most of the posts didn't even have any text in them! That's not posting its SPAMMING! I've changed my mind completely about this, I think they shouldn't be considered classic threads because of all the :D

I'm sorry but it pisses me off when I see posts where the same person posted 3 times in a row, so when people post 10 or more times in a row I get REALLY annoyed!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Cosplay

3. something

4. Virtua Fighter

:D The Funny car pics thread also.

Here is my top 5 0r so:

1. Cosplay

2. Should I do this?

3. Virtua Fighter

4. Funny car pics

6. JennyJennyJenny Flame war thread :D

Well it seems that your top 4 threads are 4 that you've started. Someone here has a mighty inflated opinion of himself. -_-

But Cosplay and Funny Car pics just ended up being complete spam-topics. If you want to spam, go to one of the emulation message boards that have a "spam section"! I mean, you especially were posting a picture a minute for lines of 10+ posts! AND most of the posts didn't even have any text in them! That's not posting its SPAMMING! I've changed my mind completely about this, I think they shouldn't be considered classic threads because of all the :D

I'm sorry but it pisses me off when I see posts where the same person posted 3 times in a row, so when people post 10 or more times in a row I get REALLY annoyed!

It'd be hilarious if the admins took away the post counts that they made in the Cosplay and Car forum. -_-

But the thread was pretty funny for 40 pages, then it just got stupid and spammy.

But the thread was pretty funny for 40 pages, then it just got stupid and spammy.

But yet, the theads held a meaning to a certain someone. :D But did those threads have any meaning to the rest of us, I'm not sure.

Edited by Agozer

2. Cosplay

3. something

4. Virtua Fighter

;) The Funny car pics thread also.

Here is my top 5 0r so:

1. Cosplay

2. Should I do this?

3. Virtua Fighter

4. Funny car pics

6. JennyJennyJenny Flame war thread :D

Well it seems that your top 4 threads are 4 that you've started. Someone here has a mighty inflated opinion of himself. -_-

It'd be hilarious if the admins took away the post counts that they made in the Cosplay and Car forum. :D

I would only lose 300 posts, which would mean I would have 1315 posts -_- thats fine by me...hehehehe

But yet, the theads held a meaning to a certain someone. :D But did those threads have any meaning to the rest of us, I'm not sure.

Well: they had a meaning for me...and the meaning was this ---> :D

• 1 month later...

OK I posted this on VFDC like 10 bazillion years ago but I'll copy and paste it here to get some arguements started :D

From VFDC:

The problem with that thread is that none of those people are good/experienced at fighting games PERIOD IT. They have no proper knowlegde to make a vailid judgement of any of the games that were mentioned. The only reason fighting games "just aren't the same nowadays" is because they apparentely were not aware of high level play until recentely. Fighting games have ALWAYS been like they are now. There have always been imbalances, infinites, turtling, and abuseable moves. It's just now they are aware of it. They talk about how fighting games used to be better...no, it's because "back in the day" they sucked at fighting games, but everybody else did too, so it didn't matter. Now, everybody their age who are still playing fightng games are playing at a higher level while they are still scrubs. Wanting to win without practice it seems.

For example, 3rd Strike was praised a couple times in that thread. Cominus said: "play SFIII, it's all about skill in that one, once you master the parry it's over". Well guess what? That's total bullshit. Most good players hardly EVER parry, only when it's absolutely necessary, because it puts you at risk for mixups that you can't option select out of. If Cominus had ever played a good Chun, Ken, or Yun, I bet he would hate that game just as much as CvS2. People also praise Garou MOTW. It's just as unbalaced/flawed as any other game. Kevin runs that crap, but harly anyone plays it at a high level, so they are unaware. If people did play it, they would hate on Garou along with every other new fighting game.

Speaking of being unaware, Shibathedog said: "you know what it is? The games are more slow paced now, and more people can get good at it that way, so pretty much everyones a master, which blows, its just whoever makes the first mistake loses, I prefer old fighters against new ones, or at least 2D ones over 3D ones (most of the time, Soul Calibur is probably an exception, NOT soul calibur 2 though VF4 too)."

If anything, games are faster now. It's the players that have changed. The description "whoever makes the first mistake loses" fits old games more than it does new ones. Have you ever played ST? That description fits that game to a T. Furthermore, if you make a mistake, do you expect the other player not to punish you for it as hard as they can? Again, nothing new, just the fighting game community passing you by.

Holy flocking crap...

No need to resurrect old threads dude...

I mean, what the evil bump! © Agozer

But let the flaming ensue! Dandy job Dandy J!

Edited by GryphonKlaw

lol oh man this things like a month old

I RESSURECT THIS THREAD WITH GREAT NECROMANCERY

I'm just playing around. I don't really care if threads are resurrected, I just like to point it out and act like a "badass" at the same time. :D ph34r me!

I don't want to get too entangled in the upcoming argument but I will say that I prefer 2D fighters because they just have that feel to them that tickles me right where I like it... oh yeah. I expect fighting games to have cheap things like infinites, imbalances, infinites, etc. and I also expect people to exploit those weaknesses. But there is just something about most 3D fighters (VF, Tekken, and DOA in particular) that I just can't stand...some of you know what it is but the rest just have to feel it. :D

And I will say that some of you take games far too seriously...

Edited by GryphonKlaw