Problems W/ Multi-track Ps1 Games

Hey, Gamecop assured me an answer could be found to this question, so here we go :lol:.....

I am currently using a swap trick to play burnt PS1 games on my PS2. I use a Gameshark CDX for swapping purposes. It works for almost every PS1 game I burn. The only time I seem to have problems is when I burn a game w/ multiple audio tracks and I get no sound. Most PS1 games are single track, but there are a few that aren't. The games I'm having trouble with are:

Brigandine (U)

Darkstalkers (U)

Earthworm Jim 2 (E)

Megaman X3 (E)

Silhouette Mirage (U)

Street Fighter Collection (U)

Tekken (U)

I have tried burning these discs w/ all manners of burning software including Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite, Nero, and CDRWin 3.9 & 5.0 and keep getting no music while playing them in my PS2. The only way I have ever been able to hear music from these games is when I mounted the cue file on D-Tools 3.41 & played them in ePSXe 1.6.0. Running the straight bin image gets me no music. I've heard that since I'm using a Gameshark CDX as a boot disc and it does not include multiple cd tracks, this is preventing the music from playing on my PS2. If any1 knows of a way around this please reply & you will have my admiration forever :lol:

OK I think I solved my own problem.....

Here's the multiple-audio track PS1 games that I have along w/ their respective # of tracks:

Brigandine (U) - 18

Darkstalkers (U) - 46

Dead or Alive (U) - 29

Earthworm Jim 2 (E) - 15

Megaman X3 (E) - 32

Silhouette Mirage (U) - 26

Street Fighter Collection (U) - 72

Tekken (U) - 14

I have been told by a reliable source that most burners can only support either 2, 4, or 8 subchannel data tracks at the most. That's why the games with 1-4 tracks on them seem to work OK, while any game that has more than 4 will not play music when played in a PS2. There are burners in the corporate world that burn up to 128 sub channels, but they can cost $3000 & up!!!! I guess that if I want to play these games w/ the music, it will have to be in ePSXe & not my PS2 <_<

That doesn't seem right. I can't tell you what the problem is, but it may have to do with the disc you're booting with. You may need a multitrack disc to boot it up or get a new boot method. I wish I had an easy answer, but that's probably the problem, not the sub channels.

Well is there a ps1 boot disc that has sub-channel data?  I use a Gameshark CDX to boot w/ and apparently it doesn't :lol:

have tried using the swap trick for PS1 and seeing if the games work on that. All you need is a paper clip, a local game, and Gameshark CDX (which you should have)

instructions: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5398

Well, lockshaw may not have a PS1/PSX (hence why he/she's using the PS2). You could try that boot disc at Console Source, but I don't know if it works or not with multi track games. You could also get a mod-chip of some sort. That's probably your best bet for getting the games to boot up correctly.

Well, lockshaw may not have a PS1/PSX (hence why he/she's using the PS2).  You could try that boot disc at Console Source, but I don't know if it works or not with multi track games.  You could also get a mod-chip of some sort.  That's probably your best bet for getting the games to boot up correctly.

Well I use the same method to boot burned PS1 games Lockshaw uses but I still have myself a PS1. So I am guess he/she has one.