Ghostlop

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had GhostLop freeze on me when I tried it with NeoRAGEx v0.8c....

Well not really, since the music played and the animations worked...but it didn't load the next stage.

I just hex edited one the kawa-hex default.xbe file and changed the P1 on Magical Drop 2 (512kb) to match that of Ghostlop (1mb) and it works great on the Xbox. Use a hex editor and find this string 5323e8 look for the 0800 right before it, and make it 1000 instead, save it and load it up to the xbox, rename the ghostlop rom files to that of magical drop 2 and zip (magdrop2.zip) and load it up to the xbox. Then have fun playing this puzzle game. Remember doing it this way removes magical drop 2, and replaces it with Ghostlop, it will stay Magical Drop 2 on the menu list but it will load up as Ghostlop. You can also edit the name if you wish. Hope it helps some people out.

works in FBAX without all that hassle

Upgrade man.  NeoRageX is old news and should be dead (the developers dropped it after all).  It's not a bad emulator, it's just that Kawaks and Nebula are a lot better.

Mame and FBA play this game as well no problems

You just have to compile your own versions of MAME and FBA. If you follow the tutorial (for MAME, at least) and follow the instructions posted for the driver, you can compile it easily. For the dat, just copy the main text and paste it into notepad and save the file as a dat file. If you're editting the asr.dat, just put a line of % at the bottom and then paste the text below that and save.

Upgrade man.  NeoRageX is old news and should be dead (the developers dropped it after all).  It's not a bad emulator, it's just that Kawaks and Nebula are a lot better.

No it shouldn't. :huh: