Mgs: Twin Snakes

Cominus

Cominus is sort of right about the main character being "Big Boss"....TO my knowledge nothing has been confirmed yet....so it might be someone else.....But I hope it is Big Boss

Everything points to it, Force.

In some of the trailers, you can see that the main character is missing an eye. Big Boss lost his eye and that's why he wears an eye patch.

Communist threat was more of a force back in the 50's. This game might take place in Zanzubar (where the first MG project took place) during the 50's

In some of the materials handed to game industry vets, pieces of what they got from Konami (i really don't recall) spelled out "BIG BOSS"

Trust me, I KNOW!!! :lol:

Anon.

This game is DEFINITELY GETTING BAUGHTEN!!!

When I first played MGS on PS1 back in 1999, I finally realized what it was like to have a ladies ability to have multiple orgasms :lol:

I LOVED IT!!! Action, Stealth, Story, Graphics (at the time), Control. Basically, it was perfect. Every time I played I truly felt that I WAS Solid Snake. I truly felt that the characters were talking to ME, not Snake. There has been no other game that has done this for me, except Viewtiful Joe (another experience to know a ladies pleasure... :D)

Anon.

Yes the ps1 title was the greatest, me an and my friend spent like 10 hours playing and beating it one day. Even though it was really great on the ps1 the gc version has drawbacks, like the controler, and even with a converter you cant change the button layout. There are slowdowns in gunfights and when ever theres alot of stuff on the screen. The Voice acting is F$&king terrible, A few characters kept thier voices but a lot changed, like ninjas went all retarded white guy, it doesnt have that demented postal worker to it. Merils voice isnt sexy anymore, ravens sounds like a gay vin disel. Since the game was designed for ps1 there really arent that many "hidden extras" except the traqulizer gun. The game wasnt desighned by the same MGS 2 team it was done by silicon knights. I think the problem was when they tried to make everything really textured and it caused slowdown and a bit blurryness. Trust me man it's kind of a disappointment. Do this instead, buy a ps1(if you already have one or ps2 fine) but mgs1, if you already have a ps1 of ps2 or bleemcast/DC then treat yourself to subway, eat fresh.

Simple correction. All the voices are of the original cast, if you think I'm wrong, check this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365499/ and this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180825/. They recorded the voices are higher samples because its Dolby Digital Surround Sound, so you need a 5.1+ system to experience it. In the original, 1 person did the DARPA and Ninja's voice, now the Ninja has a voice of its own.

Edit: Its been 7 years, you think they would rehash the original voice track? It would be kinda odd hearing Ocolot saying "Push the Circle Button" when you have a Gamecube controller.

Edited by K`dash

this is a quote from gamespot,

Surprisingly, Konami has opted to rerecord the entire script for The Twin Snakes using (mostly) the same actors. This would make sense if there were radical changes to the script or even to the tone of the performances, but unfortunately, the quality of the voice work in The Twin Snakes is, at best, on par with what we heard five years ago. Snake's snarl is as potent as before, and the Colonel's gruff but helpful tone is also intact. Other characters have suffered in the remake, though. Dr. Naomi Hunter, in particular, sounds much flatter and much more bored than she did before. Mei Ling and Nastasha have bafflingly lost the ethnic accents that gave them their personalities in the previous game. Overall, the voice acting isn't bad by any means--so it's still better than what you'll hear in most games--but one has to wonder why the voice work was redone at all when the original performances were so great.

just to note, gc can't do DD5.1, only pro logic 2

I LOVED MGS for the PSX, it was such an amazing game. MSG2 on the other hand I hated. There were too many egotistical characters in the game. Ya know, when a person tries to be so much of an badass it only make them look dumb? That's how I could describe all of MGS2's cast. Not to mention you had to play with whiney Raiden who was constantly getting annoyed by his whiney flat chested girlfriend. It reminded me of one of those over hyped animes (Ghost In The Shell, Jin-Roh).

I'll pick it up if a PC version comes along the way later.

I LOVED MGS for the PSX, it was such an amazing game.  MSG2 on the other hand I hated.  There were too many egotistical characters in the game.  Ya know, when a person tries to be so much of an badass it only make them look dumb?  That's how I could describe all of MGS2's cast.  Not to mention you had to play with whiney Raiden who was constantly getting annoyed by his whiney flat chested girlfriend.  It reminded me of one of those over hyped animes (Ghost In The Shell, Jin-Roh).

I'll pick it up if a PC version comes along the way later.

WTF are you talking about!? :lol: Jin and ghost were F#$king kick azz animes, you probably hated them becuase you're probably one of those stupid yugio players, along with that ever crap(most of it) that toonami dishes out. It's either that or you're too young(immature) or absent minded to really understand the anime and what they are trying to point out.(some animes require a bit of intelligence to understand, making it more pleasing to those who understand)

anyways, on another note, the voice acting isnt bad for "first time players" You have to play the first one on ps1 then on the damn gamecube to understand what im saying people. Snake, liquid,(ocelot i think), colonel, and phyco mantis are the only people who kept thier old tone of voice. Everybody else is down graded, they sound like they just got under paid. :) Look, play the game, and you'll see. Somebody please close this thread.(wow, first time)

Edited by Cominus