Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gryph

What is the difference between the Garou rom sets?

Yeah so what is the difference between them. I got the Garou prototype when it first came out and haven't bothered getting the others. I want to know if it's worth it.

The whole garou.zip set (set 1, I believe) is the official one, but it's encrypted.
Set 2 is......some weird stuff. (motw-p1.bin, p2.bin and sma.bin) :huh:

The prototype is quite self-explanatory, if you've played it. Edited by Agozer

Set 1 is the proper dump e.g. No Hacks etc

It is also full english :huh: Edited by ForceX

[quote name='ForceX' date='Feb 12 2004, 11:11 PM']Set 1 is the proper dump e.g. No Hacks etc

It is also full english  ;)[/quote]
Prototype is also fully english, only unpolished. :)

garouo (whatever set that is) has the decrypted P ROMs. what makes the game encrypted is the SMA protection (i assume the SMA file does something with the decrypted P-ROM descrambling).

How can I get set 1 version of garou to work on kawaks?

[quote name='nyuuka' date='Feb 13 2004, 01:43 PM']How can I get set 1 version of garou to work on kawaks?[/quote]
Set 1 should already be added to the offical WinKawaks.........all you need is the rom

[url="http://www.romnation.net/index.php/download/rom/22993/"]Garou Set 1[/url]

^ You have to type in the number that appears into the dialog box and press [b]Download[/b]

Does set 1 works on the NeoRageX? I already tried re naming all of the rom sets and even exchanging the p1/p2/sma files for the ones on the second set but I still don't get both Neorage 0.8 and EGCG to recognize the roms as part of the list.

I noticed that NRX EGCG has two versions for Garou on the main list; Garou MOTW PT(prototype) and Garou MOTW. I'm guessing MOTW is the original without hacks, but I can't get them to recognize those sets.

[quote name='Testament X' date='Mar 4 2004, 05:50 AM']Does set 1 works on the NeoRageX?  I already tried re naming all of the rom sets and even exchanging the p1/p2/sma files for the ones on the second set but I still don't get both Neorage 0.8 and EGCG to recognize the roms as part of the list. 

I noticed that NRX EGCG has two versions for Garou on the main list; Garou MOTW PT(prototype) and Garou MOTW.  I'm guessing MOTW is the original without hacks, but I can't get them to recognize those sets.[/quote]
Set 1 doesn't work in NRX because it's encrypted. I don't understand why it's in the NRX gamelist though.

[quote name='Agozer' date='Mar 4 2004, 07:14 AM'][quote]Set 1 doesn't work in NRX because it's encrypted. I don't understand why it's in the NRX gamelist though.[/quote] [/quote]
Thanks for the info, I guess I will have to stick with the prototype for the NeoRageX for a while.