Single best memory of playing games with friends?

Gryph

This is kind of a weird favorite memory because I play a lot of more popular and fun games with friends, but my favorite time is when we rented Return Fire for Playstation and played that for 7 hours straight.

We had this impromptu tournament between the 8 of us. We had pizza, Coke (Sprite, Mt. Dew etc.), Cheetos, and Popeyes chicken and biscuits.

And that was like 7 years ago and I haven't really had such a memorable time playing games since then. Not even long hours fighting games and RPGs match that kind of intensity. We usually got bored of games really quickly and watched movies instead.

Only long nights of AD&D (Forgotten Realms 2nd Edition!!!) and Shadowrun could match the fun we had.

Only long nights of AD&D (Forgotten Realms 2nd Edition!!!) and Shadowrun could match the fun we had.

Yup, those pen and paper games were great fun. We also played Battletech in addition to those two you mentioned.

Memories of playing 4 player Gauntlet in the arcades are still with me. I'm talking about the 1985 version.

Other great multiplayer games include Microprose Soccer and Bomberman.

Console gaming I'd have to say Soul Calibur for dreamcast. We'd play for hours, or just sit there watching the demo's, especially Killik's (sp?)

But for me nothing beats my old lan parties back in the day playing Quake2 with about 30 of us in one house, we even baked a turkey for the event and had a keg and this green stuff in a bag...it was the bomb-diggety.