Microsoft C++

Tidus

It is a C++ programming lanugage compiler made by Microsoft. It is expensive to buy and I don't think they have a free trial version of it. If you are serious about learning to program in C++, use the GNU G++ compiler. It may have a high learning curve but it pasy off in the end, not to mention that it's free.

C++ is a standardized programming language. It's an open standard, I forget whether it's defined by ANSI or OSI. There are lots of compilers available, Sun's C++ compiler (for compiling under SunOS and Solaris), Intel's C++ compiler (proprietary and commercial, optimized code for Intel CPUs though), the compiler in Microsoft Visual C++ (a developing environment bundled with a compiler. costs money and is proprietary). There's also a compiler from a company called Borland. Don't hear much from them these days...

Then you have GCC, the GNU C Compiler. There's a G++ extension, which basically adds C++ support. This compiler is free, and it's also free. That is to say, it's gratis and libre. The source is open, and it costs nothing. GCC runs on any UNIX-like OS (Linux, FreeBSD, and I believe there's a port for MacOS). There's a port for MS Windows called MinGW.

GCC has companies rather ricked off... it's made it so that it's impractical to commercially develop a C compiler. :(

http://www.gnu.org

Tidus, do you already have a big programming experience? What do you want to program with it? I don't have much programming experience myself but if it's an interesting project I may try to help (within the limits of what I can do of course) :angry:

Tidus wants to make an emulator. :lol: And no, he has no programming experience, why would he ask what's C++?

P.S. No offence to Tidus.

Tidus, do you already have a big programming experience? What do you want to program with it? I don't have much programming experience myself but if it's an interesting project I may try to help (within the limits of what I can do of course) :lol:

Tidus wants to make an emulator. :) And no, he has no programming experience, why would he ask what's C++?

I thought maybe he doesn't know this compiler but knows a bit of programming :)

Anyway, writing an emu without any programming experience is... well, if you really don't know anything about programming as Agozer thinks, good luck :angry:

I'd still like to know from Tidus himself if he has or not programming experience and what his project is ;)

Tidus, do you already have a big programming experience? What do you want to program with it? I don't have much programming experience myself but if it's an interesting project I may try to help (within the limits of what I can do of course) :lol:

Tidus wants to make an emulator. :) And no, he has no programming experience, why would he ask what's C++?

I thought maybe he doesn't know this compiler but knows a bit of programming :)

Anyway, writing an emu without any programming experience is... well, if you really don't know anything about programming as Agozer thinks, good luck :angry:

I'd still like to know from Tidus himself if he has or not programming experience and what his project is ;)

If you really must know what he's trying to do: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...?showtopic=4342

Edited by Agozer