KOF Kyo RPG

Gryph

I just wish I knew how an IPS patch was written...I've heard people refer to script dumps I suppose that means that you have to extract the whole script, change it into the language, and then put the code back in. So I suppose that means you have to manually change every line of dialogue. No wonder it takes so long!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish I knew how an IPS patch was written...I've heard people refer to script dumps I suppose that means that you have to extract the whole script, change it into the language, and then put the code back in. So I suppose that means you have to manually change every line of dialogue. No wonder it takes so long!

I takes a lot more than just extracting and reinserting dumped text data...

Hacking is needed to have support for new fonts and text placing, etc.

it's very complex

and it's harder for isos because the data has to fit exactly with no extenders otherwise the psx won't be able to recognize the new data.

as for making isos, i'm not really an athority at that, but i think you can just use clonecd and make a disk image of it.

Okay, thanks guys, that has cleared alot up for me. Well, I just hope the people who are translating policenauts (the sequel to snatcher) are successful - they are trying to translate both the psx version and the Sega Saturn version.

(Cool, this is my 100th post! :) )