Question about the cheat function in Raine

ffman1985

15 hours ago, ffman1985 said:

Hello, Tux. Recently, I try making some cheat script which involved changing the value of the rom part by the poke function. There is no problem when dealing with the neogeo or cps1 rom. However, for cps2 rom, it seems that the poke function cannot change the value of the rom part. I try to make the following script which suppose to break the operation of the game, but nothing happened. Please advise.

You should know that cps2 roms are encrypted, it forces to separate data from code, I can't even say where your poke goes without checking the code, it must use at the same time a part which is encrypted and one which is decrypted, don't remember which is which.

You can use the pheonix edition versions which are decrypted as a workaround.

Thank you for introducing the Phoenix Edition of the cps2 games, Tux. The poke function in the cheat script can modify the rom part of this game. However, there is some minor problem that after watching the opening, it will crash at the score screen. Anyway, I will make my cheat in the Phoenix Edition.

17 minutes ago, ffman1985 said:

Thank you for introducing the Phoenix Edition of the cps2 games, Tux. The poke function in the cheat script can modify the rom part of this game. However, there is some minor problem that after watching the opening, it will crash at the score screen. Anyway, I will make my cheat in the Phoenix Edition.

More details about this crash ? Related to your poke or not ?

2 hours ago, ffman1985 said:

I didnt open any cheat when testing the game. It shows glitch on the score screen after watching the full opening. If I switch the region of the game (by pressing u at the beginning) to japanese, it even crash at the score screen.

You are really very bad at reporting problems, was it with sf2 ? probably not since its settings are by dipswitches, so I don't even know which game you are talking about !!! If it's around the save screen, a savegame could be handy so that it can be reproduced quickly... !

sfad because of your other post ? No japanese language there, I checked the scores anyway, no problem to see. So I just don't know !

Edited by Tux

Sorry, I forget to mention the game that I talk about. The problem that I am talking about is the street fighter alpha phoenix edition (sfad.zip). This phoenix edition have the function to switch the game region (press u at start up). However, no matter what region I set there is alway problem in the score (ranking) screen after the opening. To see this problem, just start the game, do not press the coin button, and see the whole opening.

Edited by ffman1985

You are still very bad, I played a while with the turbo key (del), requires to disable double buffer in opengl rendering otherwise it's blocked by the vbl, but once it works it really goes too fast, half a second press and the demo has already done 1 loop !

Anyway finally reached 2 hiscore tables, they look fine to me except the weird C head for the guy on the right for the 1st picture. I think I am going to ignore your posts for a while... ! I attach 2 screenshots of the 2 hiscore tables...

edit : after some short thinking, if it's the contents of your hiscore table which looks weird, you might have corrupted unwillingly your hiscore file for this game while experimenting with your scripts. Try to delete the sfad.hi file in the savedata directory (then restart raine of course). But if that's indeed your problem, next time at least post a screenshot it will save me a lot of time !

sfad.png

sfad_000.png

Edited by Tux

Hello Tux. I delete the hi score file and the problem is gone. Yet, I still don’t know what exactly I have done wrong to damage the hi score file (highly possible that some problems in the process of making my cheat script). I am so sorry that I waste you so much time on testing it. Thank you for your great efforts on this topic.

Edited by ffman1985

6 hours ago, ffman1985 said:

Hello Tux. I delete the hi score file and the problem is gone. Yet, I still don’t know what exactly I have done wrong to damage the hi score file (highly possible that some problems in the process of making my cheat script). I am so sorry that I waste you so much time on testing it. Thank you for your great efforts on this topic.

Well raine is full of tricks to try to preserve it as much as possible, normally it survives a game reset, even a game load (loading a save state), and sometimes the test mode (but not always, depending on the way the ram is initialized or not). It's saved only when you quit raine or load another game, so if you go to test mode, and it's not detected because of a fancy ram initialization and then quit or load another game, you destroy the hiscore file.

Sorry I can't do much about that... !

edit : all this pushed me to update the very old code for this turbo key, it was still trying to display the fps as an int when returning to limited speed when it's been a double for quite a few years already, so the display was very wrong. Now it's correct, and it also displays the average fps reached while the turbo key was pressed (I reach more than 4000 fps during the sfad demo and with a debug build, but it's the assembler version, but it's really too fast at this level !). And finally it automatically disables the opengl double buffer while the turbo key is pressed, so now you can finally use this key without changing anything in the video settings !

Edited by Tux

• 1 month later...

I have found a new way to optimised my script. The concept is to control the frequency of operation. I use the rnd() function as a controller. Since it is a random number between 0 to 255, if I want to set a frequency of about 50% of original, I can set a condition like this: if rnd()<=127

Here is the optimised version of xmen using this concept. I also add a "Arcade Gameover" part to prevent the text not appear in menu after the Arcade game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CIqRmdkJsreB5Fln_zxKXaVBRbstv4-8/view?usp=share_link