Jump to content

Raine 0.92.1


Tux
 Share

Recommended Posts

mer-curios: about your "blurring" effect, no you didn't answer the part where I said I didn't really understand what you said, this is handled by the filtering option  in rendering options, near or linear, linear giving this effect (but very light), and near underlining pixels. Now when the game starts behind the gui, it's not opengl directly, it's just rendering to some sdl texture using their api, so the filtering option is ignored here. Then what do you mean exactly in all this mess ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Augusto said:

@Tux
Thanks very much for your work.

Have a issue happening with controllers in 0.92 64.
Using PS3 controller.
Starting Raine using default inputs both digital pad and analog pad are used in gameplay.
The problem is holding digital pad in any direction (up-down-left-right) in less of one second is automatically unholded even continuing holding in same direction.

No luck for you, I also have a ps3 controller, the simplest model, the one without rumble I forgot how they are called, so old that one of the 4 main buttons has stopped working, I keep it anyway to test things like that.

It's working wonderfully well (at least for the directions from the dpad) both in windows and in linux !

I even tested by using the nail to touch just the edge of the dpad so that it makes a loud noise when going up and down and the control is selected for about 0.1s only, works perfectly, you see the direction "blink" in test mode and revert to central position.

I have no idea how you do that, and I am not sure I want to know anyway... !

Is it windows 10 ? If so really no idea !

(and I even tested with the other controller which is a cheap xbox controller clone I found on amazon, same thing, no problem, both in linux and windows).

The only way I can think of to do that is to use at the same time the stick and the dpad until you succeed to make raine nuts, I am not sure I could do that, but I won't even try because it doesn't make any sense, use either the stick or the dpad, but not both at the same time !

Edited by Tux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tux said:

Here it is, controller.7z, unpack in a directory, add SDL2.dll (the one from raine), and run !

You should get info in the standard output, if your console is to crappy to see what it prints, redirect it, it might work without redirection on xp


The problem with this kind of program is that it considers that you need an x360 controller, it's not my case at all (clearly less buttons) so impossible to map everything and exit the program to display the result . What does Mame use as a system? is it so different as the system in raine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pmc2 said:


The problem with this kind of program is that it considers that you need an x360 controller, it's not my case at all (clearly less buttons) so impossible to map everything and exit the program to display the result . What does Mame use as a system? is it so different as the system in raine?

Really... Did you at least read what I wrote ?

I don't want a mapping, I just want the output of the testgamecontroller.exe, including names and guids of the controllers found, that's all.

Really I am starting to understand these old open source licenses which stated "the program is provided AS IS", meaning you can do something out of it good, you can't ? We don't care !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Je passe en français tant pis j'ai du mal à dire ce que je pense autrement :)

Donc j'ai lu et j'ai testé les 2 exe, le testgamecontroller ne donne rien on dirait qu'il ne se passe rien, pas de log non plus donc je sais pas trop quoi te dire de plus peut-être que je suis miro c'est possible ou que je n'ai pas compris un truc c'est possible, je revérifierai.
Après je doute très fortement que le problème soit xp ici, mais bien le système de détection des pad qui a changé entre 91.21 et après et visiblement avec le style d'adaptateur que j'ai (+ pilotes utilisés qui le gère) faut croire que ca a posé problème. J'essayerai cette configuration de joypad sous 10 pour voir, ceci dit cette anomalie n'a jamais eu lieu dans aucun autre ému ancien comme récent.
Donc peut etre que ca n'affecte que mon test mais peut-être pas, je signale juste quelque chose qui me parait anormal, c'est du bonus d'information c'est tout, je le fait QUE pour ton information personnel si ca t'aide a un truc c'est uniquement comme ca qu'il faut le comprendre, si après ca gave pas de soucis on zap car ca ne touche peut-être que ma config mais sinon ca peut etre une aide pour une meilleure gestion par la suite et pour le plus grand nombre ;)


g translate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pmc2 said:

Je passe en français tant pis j'ai du mal à dire ce que je pense autrement :)

Donc j'ai lu et j'ai testé les 2 exe, le testgamecontroller ne donne rien on dirait qu'il ne se passe rien, pas de log non plus donc je sais pas trop quoi te dire de plus peut-être que je suis miro c'est possible ou que je n'ai pas compris un truc c'est possible, je revérifierai.
Après je doute très fortement que le problème soit xp ici, mais bien le système de détection des pad qui a changé entre 91.21 et après et visiblement avec le style d'adaptateur que j'ai (+ pilotes utilisés qui le gère) faut croire que ca a posé problème. J'essayerai cette configuration de joypad sous 10 pour voir, ceci dit cette anomalie n'a jamais eu lieu dans aucun autre ému ancien comme récent.
Donc peut etre que ca n'affecte que mon test mais peut-être pas, je signale juste quelque chose qui me parait anormal, c'est du bonus d'information c'est tout, je le fait QUE pour ton information personnel si ca t'aide a un truc c'est uniquement comme ca qu'il faut le comprendre, si après ca gave pas de soucis on zap car ca ne touche peut-être que ma config mais sinon ca peut etre une aide pour une meilleure gestion par la suite et pour le plus grand nombre ;)


g translate

the new part here is mainly the guid as I probably told already, it seems your xp returns only 1 guid for the 2 controllers here, maybe I should have included that basic testjoystick in the archive, but normally you should get some output on stdout even with no recognized game pad connected, here is what I get when I connect my microsoft sidewinder pro, which is obviously not a gamepad (gamecontroller as they call it) :

INFO: Joystick 0: Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro (USB) (guid 030000005e0400000800000000010000, VID 0x045e, PID 0x0008, player index = -1)
INFO: Rumble supported
INFO: PS3 Controller 1: PS3 Controller (guid 030000004c0500006802000011810000, VID 0x054c, PID 0x0268, player index = 0)
INFO: Rumble supported
INFO: XBox One Controller 2: Generic X-Box pad (guid 03000000242f0000b700000000010000, VID 0x2f24, PID 0x00b7, player index = 1)
INFO: There are 2 game controller(s) attached (3 joystick(s))
INFO: Game controller device 1 added.
INFO: Game controller device 2 added.


As you see I get the name + guid for each controller connected. So it's possible xp doesn't return any usable guid, making the whole system unusable here...

I'll think about that, but now that I have some indexes allowing to choose which joystick to use as 1st joystick, I find that convenient, and I don't feel like going back... I'll try to test this part on my xp, even without any display, I should be able to get something out of it...

After testing, it's a horrible environment to test that kind of thing, cmd eats all output, it's impossible to get any stdout output from any command, I guess you need to install mingw32 console at that point, but I won't go that far for an xp virtual machine.
As far as I can tell (I had trouble enabling the usb game controllers on the virtual machine, then it asked to install a stupid driver for them and failed), the joystick handling seems badly broken.

My advice : either stick to raine < 0.92 on xp, or don't use the joysticks.
I'll try to fix the index stuck at 1 in the next version, so you'll get it as 1st joystick instead of 2nd, but that's probably all that can be done, don't hope to use both at the same time...
But it's even unlikely that you would be able to use even 1 pad in this configuration, I couldn't get any result from even the simplest test program, testjoystick, which uses the most basic api for the joystick, I don't know if it's a problem of driver or something else in xp, and I won't loose more time on it, just don't use joysticks in this configuration, or go back to an older raine !

Edited by Tux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 3:14 AM, Tux said:

mer-curios: about your "blurring" effect, no you didn't answer the part where I said I didn't really understand what you said, this is handled by the filtering option  in rendering options, near or linear, linear giving this effect (but very light), and near underlining pixels. Now when the game starts behind the gui, it's not opengl directly, it's just rendering to some sdl texture using their api, so the filtering option is ignored here. Then what do you mean exactly in all this mess ?

Hey Tux! Now I think I understand what you meant. So, I don't change any of the default video options in this testing. I just load a game and the pixels are crystal clear, as expected. Then if I load another game in the same Raine session the picture becomes blurred (similar to a bi-linear filtering), either before and after leaving the GUI. This didn't happen before the SDL2 update.

 

On 12/5/2021 at 3:10 AM, Tux said:

But you'll be probably able to remap the dpad to anything (hum, just maybe, try it and tell me, I think I removed the hat detection for the joystick and maybe I should have left it for this kind of case).

I can remap it but strangely it doesn't work in the game, only in the GUI. Actually I don't even need to remap it to use it in the GUI.

I don't know if it's important, but in the "Game Controllers" properties in Windows it informs that the d-pad in my controller is a "point of view hat".

 

On 12/5/2021 at 3:10 AM, Tux said:

Yes I know, it's not very clear, maybe I should find some way to inform the user in this case.
I wanted to test with an old ps2 gamepad of mine because it's unlikely they added a mapping for that in sdl2, but I currently lost its adapter to be able to plug it to the pc... If I ever find it again, I'll test !
Until now for info, that's what the controllermap.exe program in the test archive I provided is for. To make a mapping for unknown gamepads. If you feel like it, you can try it, launch it by redirecting its output to a file like that : controllermap > log

Thank you for your assistance on this.

So I downloaded the zip and the program was not starting, it was asking for this DLL file: https://pt.dll-files.com/libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.html

Then I placed this DLL in the executable folder and it finally launched. I guess I could generate the logs by doing "controllermap.exe > log" in Command Prompt. I'm attaching the files to this post.

Finally, I tried the testgamecontroller.exe but it returns an error that "SDL_GameControllerHasRumble was not located in the dynamic link library".

Anyway, I hope the logs can help you address the issues with my controllers. However, I'm afraid of how this is going to work with new users using newer controllers in Raine, especially d-input ones, which I suppose are the ones not currently working in the emulator.

Thank you so much again for your help and work.

 

PS: I don't know if this is an issue, but when I run controllermap.exe, it doesn't have the buttons' labels as we see here: https://github.com/glebm/opendingux-controllermap-sdl2/releases/tag/v0.1.1

Mine looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/VKJ0lOo

Controller Logs.7z

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux! Now I think I understand what you meant. So, I don't change any of the default video options in this testing. I just load a game and the pixels are crystal clear, as expected. Then if I load another game in the same Raine session the picture becomes blurred (similar to a bi-linear filtering), either before and after leaving the GUI. This didn't happen before the SDL2 update.

Thanks for the reply, I was in lack of feedback... !

Well sorry but I don't see that here, in windows or in linux. Screenshots maybe, e.g screenshot of a game when loaded 1st and the same game when loaded 2nd to see this effect in action ? By the way sorry, I just noticed the function to take screenshots from raine in opengl is broken, that's probably the one you'd need here since by default it saves at the size of your screen, just take a screenshot of your window then...

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

 

I can remap it but strangely it doesn't work in the game, only in the GUI. Actually I don't even need to remap it to use it in the GUI.

Yeah that's the game part that I removed thanks. Yeah there are 2 separate functions to handle events ingame and in the gui, which is a problem but it's unavoidable.

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

I don't know if it's important, but in the "Game Controllers" properties in Windows it informs that the d-pad in my controller is a "point of view hat".

Nope ! ;-)

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

 

Thank you for your assistance on this.

So I downloaded the zip and the program was not starting, it was asking for this DLL file: https://pt.dll-files.com/libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.html

Tsss it was in the dlls for raine 32 bits of course... !

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Then I placed this DLL in the executable folder and it finally launched. I guess I could generate the logs by doing "controllermap.exe > log" in Command Prompt. I'm attaching the files to this post.

Finally, I tried the testgamecontroller.exe but it returns an error that "SDL_GameControllerHasRumble was not located in the dynamic link library".

You messed up the SDL2.dll version, it used an old version here, just unpack the archive in the raine32 0.92.1 and it should get all it needs correctly, but anyway now that you have what looks like a working mapping you don't really need that anymore.

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Anyway, I hope the logs can help you address the issues with my controllers. However, I'm afraid of how this is going to work with new users using newer controllers in Raine, especially d-input ones, which I suppose are the ones not currently working in the emulator.

Thank you so much again for your help and work.

 

PS: I don't know if this is an issue, but when I run controllermap.exe, it doesn't have the buttons' labels as we see here: https://github.com/glebm/opendingux-controllermap-sdl2/releases/tag/v0.1.1

Mine looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/VKJ0lOo

I probably forgot a font, luckily it can work without it !

6 hours ago, mer-curious said:

And I have another question then, already : I actually didn't know when using sdl-1.2 that some gamepads handled the dpad as a hat when some others handled it as buttons, yours are both handling it as a hat apparently.
So the question is : in raine < 0.92, it tried to remap the events coming from a hat to joystick events, so how did it work ? You could use it for movement, or not at all ? Or could you remap it to something else, buttons actions ?
This code is not supposed to be used anymore if your controller is correctly recognized as a gamecontroller, which will be the case if we add these mappings you just made, so it's interesting to know how it worked before that...

Ok, your mappings seem to work, but bad news, they are platform specific, which means 1 mappings file for each platform ! :(

I still don't know if I should merge this mapping thing into raine or simply allow to remap it manually as before... Well in my case I have 2 gamepads which are already recognized as game controllers, so no problem here, I don't need these mappings, so I'll need some fedback for that.

The old code for sdl-1.2 remapped automatically the hat to a joystick axe which didn't exist... ! So it appeared as a joystick movement, but it worked in the end... I'll keep this for now I think...

We're not in a hurry so I'll wait at least a day to see if I get some news from your blurry effect, but I am starting to have a few interesting changes for a new release, even if this time there are not many changes... I'll release the next one for windows with your mappings as an external file "mappings" in the archive, you'll be able to test with and without it to see the difference...

Edited by Tux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tux said:

Well sorry but I don't see that here, in windows or in linux. Screenshots maybe, e.g screenshot of a game when loaded 1st and the same game when loaded 2nd to see this effect in action ? By the way sorry, I just noticed the function to take screenshots from raine in opengl is broken, that's probably the one you'd need here since by default it saves at the size of your screen, just take a screenshot of your window then...

This is interesting. I can reproduce it all the time with both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Well, here you have the screenshots. I hope you can notice the difference: https://imgur.com/a/VbWKKr0

 

2 hours ago, Tux said:

Tsss it was in the dlls for raine 32 bits of course... !

Yes, I'm sorry. I only looked at the 64 bit one.

 

2 hours ago, Tux said:

You messed up the SDL2.dll version, it used an old version here, just unpack the archive in the raine32 0.92.1 and it should get all it needs correctly, but anyway now that you have what looks like a working mapping you don't really need that anymore.

So, I unpacked the dlls32-0.92x.7z in the same folder of the controller program and now the Testgamecontroller.exe finally worked. This is my results:

- with my d-input controllers the window title shows "Waiting for controller..." and it doesn't react if I press anything in these game pads.

- with my X360 controller the window title shows the name of the game pad and I can test all the inputs.

So there seem to be some kind of incompatibility with simple d-input controllers, no?

 

2 hours ago, Tux said:

And I have another question then, already : I actually didn't know when using sdl-1.2 that some gamepads handled the dpad as a hat when some others handled it as buttons, yours are both handling it as a hat apparently.
So the question is : in raine < 0.92, it tried to remap the events coming from a hat to joystick events, so how did it work ? You could use it for movement, or not at all ? Or could you remap it to something else, buttons actions ?
This code is not supposed to be used anymore if your controller is correctly recognized as a gamecontroller, which will be the case if we add these mappings you just made, so it's interesting to know how it worked before that...

The versions before the SDL2 update would automatically assign the directions to "Stick 0" as we have in Raine SDL2, but this stick doesn't seem to exist in my d-input controller, which is a Hori Fighting Commander 3. So I had to manually reassign the directions to be able to use the d-pad with this controller. When I remap the directions Raine calls them "Stick 2", as you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/bxE2iOK

So it worked pretty much the same as with the SDL2 update, except that I could use the d-pad in-game, while with the recent versions I cannot.

 

2 hours ago, Tux said:

We're not in a hurry so I'll wait at least a day to see if I get some news from your blurry effect, but I am starting to have a few interesting changes for a new release, even if this time there are not many changes... I'll release the next one for windows with your mappings as an external file "mappings" in the archive, you'll be able to test with and without it to see the difference...

Ok, thank you so much for your time and help again! I should certainly give you some feedback after testing it. 👍

Edited by mer-curious
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

This is interesting. I can reproduce it all the time with both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Well, here you have the screenshots. I hope you can notice the difference: https://imgur.com/a/VbWKKr0

On your screenshots sure, but you have to look carefully, I probably missed it in the emu, I'll have a closer look tomorrow... (1:40am here).

26 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

 

Yes, I'm sorry. I only looked at the 64 bit one.

It was for xp originally, even if I heard a 64 bits xp exists, it's quite rare... !

26 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

 

So, I unpacked the dlls32-0.92x.7z in the same folder of the controller program and now the Testgamecontroller.exe finally worked. This is my results:

- with my d-input controllers the window title shows "Waiting for controller..." and it doesn't react if I press anything in these game pads.

- with my X360 controller the window title shows the name of the game pad and I can test all the inputs.

So there seem to be some kind of incompatibility with simple d-input controllers, no?

It's not some incompatibility, it's just you have 2 gamepads which are not recognized, the ones you sent the mappings... They can still be accessed as normal joysticks, but in this case we don't know how the inputs work...

26 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

 

The versions before the SDL2 update would automatically assign the directions to "Stick 0" as we have in Raine SDL2, but this stick doesn't seem to exist in my d-input controller, which is a Hori Fighting Commander 3. So I had to manually reassign the directions to be able to use the d-pad with this controller. When I remap the directions Raine calls them "Stick 2", as you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/bxE2iOK

Stick 0 is the default input, movement assigned to 1st stick, but yeah it doesn't know what stick 0 is for (it must exist though !), well if you use the mappings you sent, default inputs for movement will be assigned to the left stick you chose in your mapping.

26 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

So it worked pretty much the same as with the SDL2 update, except that I could use the d-pad in-game, while with the recent versions I cannot.

Yeah because of the removal of the code for the hats ingame, I was too confident about this part, I took it back for now.

26 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

 

Ok, thank you so much for your time and help again! I should certainly give you some feedback after testing it. 👍

I'll look into your blurring effect tomorrow, it shouldn't be too long, thanks for the infos !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For your filtering issue, not sure it's fixed, all I found is the filtering option for sdl2 itself (that's what is used in sdl2 native mode and also when displaying the animation behind the gui), so I fixed that to follow the open gl setting in rendering option (linear or nearest). But for opengl rendering itself, the filtering option is enforced for every frame, so I don't see how it could create problems here, if you still have some problems you'll have to give more details with a precise way to reproduce that and I'll try that in windows... Anyway 0.92.2 released, thread change !

Edited by Tux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...