VDM Sound on XP Mugen

DGX

Well I got mugen running and it runs great on my XP setup.

The problem Im having is that whenever I run mugen with VDM sound, it plays great but after a while it crashes on a pre fight loading screen. If I apply any of the updates to VDM Sound the program hangs on the "INITIALIZING KEYBOARD" part.

I deceided to change my screenpack in case that was the prob, but it didnt fix the prob. But at least now i get an error screen! And I did a lil searching on the web and a japanese site had a pic of my problem. Check it out (ERROR 2). and let me know if anybody has any ideas. I hope Gamecop is reading, he seems very good at these things.

the jap site(ERROR 2 PIC)

http://tukiken.hp.infoseek.co.jp/muge/cr/q...anda/error.html

thanks for any help guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I too get this problem...I hope someone knows how to fix this. Sound works without VDM but it sounds like crap. And when I try to Run with VDM, it hangs at Initializing Keyboard...

Help please?

Well, guys like i said it only hangs when using the UPDATES. Other than that it runs great.....till it freezes and i get the error screen. I put a link to the error screen on my original post.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry DGX, I can't help you out on your problem... I'm actually experiencing the same problem as GryphonKlaw and dan_fan_000, that is... the program freezes at initializing keyboard and does not even proceed to initializing sound with the vdm sound emulator on windows xp...

VDM Sound works on my XP Pro with MUGEN, but it lags the keyboard controls....say like if I pressed Left it would take about 1 second to move left....instead I use Sound FX 2000, which does the same job and does not lag my controls....but I have the trial version that only allows 5 minutes of game to be played before it kicks me off MUGEN, so I'm going to have to hunt around..........

hey yall i think the problem with VDMSound is Joystick Emulation. MUGEN used to crash a lot on my winXP system, but after i unchecked Joystick Emulation, it hasn't crashed yet. i can use the keyboard just fine to play, but i don't know how it would affect joysticks. i installed VDMSound 2.0.4 and VDMSLaunchPad v1.0.0.7 (installing the new updates gave me problems, so i just stuck with those). Then I created a VDMSound Shortcut to MUGEN (don't remember how that was done). Then right-click that shortcut, click properties, click the VDMSound Tab, uncheck Joystick Emulation, click Apply, then click OK. Now it should run properly. There's also a site that has some MUGEN Utilities, but i dunno how to use em cuz all the instructions are in another language. anyway the site is

http://www.mugenfury.com/article_en.php3?id_article=51

:D