Anybody subscribe to the WWE Network?

Alpha

1Emu has always been filled with wrestling fans and I being one of them. Been debating for a while if I should get the network as it's $60 for 6 months (not too shabby considering you get to watch all live PPVs too). Only problem is Watch-Wrestling (google it) already has all this stuff for free. Any of you guys subscribe to it? If so, what's the experience been like? Worth it or just enjoyable for the first 48 hours? :lol:

Here's the article they recently did on the network with Vince McMahon from Forbes magazine:

0325_vince-mcmahon-wrestling_1024x576-e1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/msolomon/2014/03/26/vince-mcmahons-over-the-top-move-why-the-billionaire-ceo-is-betting-big-on-the-new-wwe-network/

I haven't paid attention to professional wrestling in years. I used to be a big fan when Cable TV was the shit back in the day ... then it started seeming more scripted and less entertaining. Didn't realize McMahon was trying to start his own tv network. And to think ... Oprah beat him to it lol.

I'll never forget the Hulk Hogan v. Ultimate Warrior/Andre The GIant/Macho Man Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels v. Coldstone Steve Austin, Mick Foley v, The Undertaker, etc.

I haven't paid attention to professional wrestling in years. I used to be a big fan when Cable TV was the shit back in the day ... then it started seeming more scripted and less entertaining. Didn't realize McMahon was trying to start his own tv network. And to think ... Oprah beat him to it lol.

I'll never forget the Hulk Hogan v. Ultimate Warrior/Andre The GIant/Macho Man Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels v. Coldstone Steve Austin, Mick Foley v, The Undertaker, etc.

Coldstone Steve Austin? He's not an Ice cream cone :lol: ... it's Stone Cold ;)

And yeah, it's true -- everything is scripted now which really sucks. They use to have only bullet points in the past, but now it's literally word for word lines fed to every wrestler. It has made the product pretty redundant and mundane, but what can you do...

Lol case-in-point, it's been that long. That's too bad ... I guess the golden age of professional wrestling were bygone days at this point. I also feel like the new breed of wrestlers just doesn't stack up to the superstars of before. Now they're like ... I can't even describe them. They're like reality show personalities with no interesting concept to their persona. :/

There hasn't been any wrestling on our TVs for what seems like 20 years. It was good in the days of Hulk Hogan, George the Animal, Andre the giant, Randy Savage, Jesse the body Ventura (before he became a politician) and several others whose names escape me.

But toward the end, it was becoming obvious that it was turning into a scripted movie show, and I think that's what turned off the audiences here. It was still WWF back then too.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay to watch that drama now, they should be paying us! I suppose if you have a fascination with bodybuilder's muscles you might be able to justify it somehow.

Too much of anything is never good you get bored in the end i think i'll just stick to watching maybe 3 PPV's a year plus occasionally RAW or SmackDown

Gotta agree with robert though wresting nowadays sucks compaired to the ole days speaking of which this might just be one of the best tag team matches ever a true classic from SNME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLzloHRyH8