Samurai Shodown 5 on Kawa-X

Prican25

I got Kawa-X SE, and dumped the samsho5.zip from suprnova into the roms directory after making sure everything was the correct size in the zip, and it seems to load fine until it gets to p1, where it stops, and doesn't go any further? Has anyone else had this problem, or am I missing something?

EDIT: crap, I missed the more pages laid out at the top; I'll check through those first. :huh:

Check you have put neogeo.zip bios in roms folder.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the neogeo.zip in the roms folder, and updated the p1 to the new version, and it still freezes when it tries to load it. Here are the crcs for the files in my zip.

ss5crc.gif

Do you have any ideas why it would seize up?

Have you done a rescan with X button. Because Samsho5 works fine for me.

i just noticed that with kawa-x se and svc plus i can't pick athena, mr karate, red arremer or shin-gouki, but i can pick them with the same romset in kawa-x plus... what's up with that?

To pick the last bosses are depending of your SVC P1 rom & not the emulator.

ok, so where can i get a proper P1?

... nevermind. my bad.

Edited by faceless

i just noticed that with kawa-x se and svc plus i can't pick athena, mr karate, red arremer or shin-gouki, but i can pick them with the same romset in kawa-x plus... what's up with that?

To pick the last bosses are depending of your SVC P1 rom & not the emulator.

ok, so where can i get a proper P1?

... nevermind. my bad.

On this page :

Don't forget : you must use SVC P1 & S1 roms names : svc_p1.rom & svc_s1.rom.

Edited by Prican25

ok, im new at this can anyone tel me where to get the kawa-x, kawa-xplus, or the kawa-xse, and how to use them

OK, let's start with this... is your XBOX modded? If not, then you can't use any of them anyway. Actually, there are some exploits you can use, but I have no idea how to do them since I use a chip. So I can't help you there.

Anyway, if your XBOX is modded, them shoot me an PM and I can tell you how to get KawaX and all the other XBOX emulators.

Hi guys, I'm new to this as well - wouldn't mind a quick pointer!

I've been getting all the files together for KawaX Plus over the last few days, but now that the SE fix is available it seems like a better idea to use that instead... Only the archives I have are a few files short for SE (Thraxen had the same problem).

Anyway the files I need are:

svc_p1.rom, svc-m1.rom (both from svcbl),

263-m1d.bin (mslug4n)

264-p1.bin (rotdn)

265-m1d.bin (kof2k2nd)

270-p1.bin (samsho5) - I have the one with the bad CRC. dammit.

Any help anyone can give is appreciated. Oh and thanks to all the people who put in all the effort to get this mod running. They must hate to see guys like me complaining when it doesn't work :(

Cheers

Anyway the files I need are:

svc_p1.rom, svc-m1.rom (both from svcbl),

263-m1d.bin (mslug4n)

264-p1.bin (rotdn)

265-m1d.bin (kof2k2nd)

270-p1.bin (samsho5) - I have the one with the bad CRC. dammit.

ok for the svc roms use the link Mr. X posted on this page and just to let you know both plus and bl use the same m1.

as for the samsho5 p1 i'm using he same one thats being called bad on kawa-x se and works just like the other so you should be fine with that also there was a link for the so called good p1 on page 2.

as for the others look for the original roms (rotd.zip, mslug4.zip, kof2002.zip) and you can get the files you seek