Hard Drive Upgrade

Fygar

Hi all - new to forum :lookaround:

Just soft modded my xbox and tried upgrading hdd with a 160Gb Seagate DB35.2.

Loaded latest XBMC as dashboard and everything tested fine with the Seagate.

Now to add some software - Copied my Big Ass Emulator Disk to E: & FBL to F:

When I launched emulators I could see both of the above but they were showing up as 0 bytes and consequently wouldn't launch.

After scratching my head for a bit I changed the hdd for an 80Gb Maxtor and everything is running fine.

So I presume the Seagate is an incompatible drive (although doesn't show up on list of known drives doc). Is there any way of getting the Seagate working - does anyone have any knowledge of XBpartitioner and whether that would work.

Any help would be much appreciated as feel like I just wasted £20 on drive!

Hi all - new to forum :lookaround:

Just soft modded my xbox and tried upgrading hdd with a 160Gb Seagate DB35.2.

Loaded latest XBMC as dashboard and everything tested fine with the Seagate.

Now to add some software - Copied my Big Ass Emulator Disk to E: & FBL to F:

When I launched emulators I could see both of the above but they were showing up as 0 bytes and consequently wouldn't launch.

After scratching my head for a bit I changed the hdd for an 80Gb Maxtor and everything is running fine.

So I presume the Seagate is an incompatible drive (although doesn't show up on list of known drives doc). Is there any way of getting the Seagate working - does anyone have any knowledge of XBpartitioner and whether that would work.

Any help would be much appreciated as feel like I just wasted £20 on drive!

That's really odd... Speaking from just a PC user here, as I never upgraded my XBOX drive... did you run memtest diagnostics on it? How did you transfer the files over to the drive.. via FTP or when it was connected to the desktop? Is it supposed to be formatted in NTFS, FAT32, or FAT? Hopefully my questions for you will help you solve this problem you are having. I am sorry I can not be of more assistance.

A lot of Seagate drives are not compatible with XBox. I would say that is the problem. Try a Western Digital they work the best in my opinion.

Edited by Jitway