Egypt is Revolting.

Being here in China all people do is complain about the US being the world police and control freaks and what not. I can honestly after living over seas and dealing with a foreign communist government/society I can honestly say the USA being the world police is a good thing.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been demanding and screaming to their heart's content for days for Mubarak to scram. No way he wouldnt step down. West seems undecided between supporting and abandoning the regime. Realpolitik or not, siding with the people or against them hardly would be easy to explain for their own people and allies. Tel-aviv shared fears that this sends a worrying message to the local moderate governments in how the west' pledges of support could lose their value and potential to impose local peace.

Meanwhile, jordania just had its government dissloved.

Seems Syria too is getting facebook rallying calls to insurrection.

Yemen needs no comment, I suppose.

All this and we're not even talking yet about Algeria, Lybia.

Kinda disturbing parallels with the fall of the soviet union and the Berlin wall.

Surreal. Armed horse and camel riders have been storming manifestants, and 'pro-mubarak' supporters have engaged manifestants.

Apparently, over a 100 was found out to be 'policemen' in civilian attire, 'enforcing order' with knives, blades, sticks, machettes, cutters, molotov cocktails (thrown from roofs)...

Local cell carriers (such as Vodafone) had been forced to send their customers messages calling 'honest and loyal egyptian citizens to stand up to traitors and criminals and to protect the people and the honor of egypt'.

Local law force phone operators and ISPs to do such, by will or by force.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki