Genes

Krosigrim

Genes also work on a DOMINANCE factor.

My ex-wife had a genetic bone disease that she could have passed on to our daughter, but didn't.

Why? I have no history of it in my family, thus no dominant OR recessive genes for it. She however had it, and thus had a dominant gene for it.

Dominant Gene + Dominant Gene = Will have the genetic trait

Dominant Gene + Recessive Gene = 75/25 chance of Dominant/Recessive(Carrier)

Recessive Gene + Recessive Gene = Will carry the gene for said genetic trait (Will be a recessive gene carrier)

In our case, the Dominant+No Gene factor was a 50/50 shot on our daughter not having it, or being a carrier of the gene...she still may carry it, but doesn't have the disease.

I have better than 20/20 vision with perfect color pickup still to this day, and I see in the dark like a cat. My eyes also change color throughout the year.

Too much input!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I remember reports of adding flounder genes to tomatoes to resist colder conditions or somesuch. This is very bad. Imagine this. They change corn. Say they add something from a peanut to resist a particular pest that likes to eat corn. Ok in this example, they have a large field of said corn. Now people eat this corn and some have reactions that were not part of a large test group, like people that have deadly reactions to peanuts. Just work with me, this is an example, dont shoot holes in the logic.

So in this example this corn went horribly wrong. Now say said corn began to spread its pollin and began to alter other corn, be it through wind, animals or bugs. Now in this example the bad corn is "infecting" other corn and spreading is unstoppable. What then? Corn is used in everything.

Messing with the building blocks is a bad idea for this reason, and many unforseen others.

Peanut allergies can be overcome, and food allergies are bullshit creations of our era and culture.

Well all I know is I heard many times of people who are deadly allergic of peanuts. I dated a girl who became allergic to chocolate around 20 or so. She got it from her dad, once he became of age he became allergic to chocolate too. She would get sore throat and it would begin to tighten.

Well I know people can have allergies to foods. But I do know we pump so much shit into our food it may very well be the toxins they are allergic too in some cases. I believe people can be allergic to pretty much anything. I had a friend who was allergic to grass.

I believe it is. Perhaps there is something in bean/nut style food that can give issues.

I just thought, say they start altering genes. What if they start becoming sick, as being prone to something negates effects of something else. In laymans terms of course. One cannot fully understand why something is.

Id rather we have controlled breeding than gene altering.