best working arcade nba jam? arcade mk4?

hi guys. I have a soft modded original xbox with all kinds of roms and emulators.

What is the best arcade version of nba jam and which emul do i use for that? Same for arcade version mortal kombat 4. Last time I checked, those two games didn't work very well and ran slowly or not at all, and the home system version leave a lot to be desired. Maybe there is an arcade midway pack? I grew up playing all the mk's and nba jam in arcades.

thank you guys

jeff

hi guys. I have a soft modded original xbox with all kinds of roms and emulators.

What is the best arcade version of nba jam and which emul do i use for that? Same for arcade version mortal kombat 4. Last time I checked, those two games didn't work very well and ran slowly or not at all, and the home system version leave a lot to be desired. Maybe there is an arcade midway pack? I grew up playing all the mk's and nba jam in arcades.

thank you guys

jeff

I think you need a Trusty xbox for midway stuff to run smooth, but CoinOPS is the man to ask, AKA BP...

Not much help I know, but best I can do....

Peace :)

thank you guys

jeff

I think you need a Trusty xbox for midway stuff to run smooth, but CoinOPS is the man to ask, AKA BP...

cool thanks man...really awesome avatar btw. How do i just ask him? sorry new to this site

thank you guys

jeff

cool thanks man...really awesome avatar btw. How do i just ask him? sorry new to this site

Yeah,

he is a really friendly guy... just PM him :)

ps is that your cab?

looks nice

I don't think BP is able to get the Midway optimised core working in CoinOPS. Every time there's a question about it he either ignores it or just brushes it off. If this were implemented it would be a major reason to use CoinOPS so I'm pretty sure that if it could be done he would have done it by now.

thank you guys

jeff

Peace :rolleyes:

Yeah,

he is a really friendly guy... just PM him :D

ps is that your cab?

looks nice

i sent him message...ha, im so new here i don't know how to check if i have a message back. I just check my hotmail and it goes there cuz i sent myself a message to check it.

yes, that is the cab my dad and i built. We did the research and the legwork. I got most of the parts for a steal and did the mod research myself. Im VERY proud of it, since i bet i don't know half what you guys know on here. Im a musician not a technician haha.

i read some old posts and it looks like mameox .72 is best for nba jam and i think mk4. I don't remember my box working with those, but its been a while. My box isn't upgraded, just softmodded with original hd and ram. Its like an 06.

if you just want to play nba jam and not nba jam TE then use mamex-b6 as this emulates nba jam best in my opinion.a while back i put mamex-b6 and mameox 0.72 on my xbox to compare betwwen the 2 for the midway games and i found that nba jam played smoother on b6.

also the arcade version of mortal kombat 4 will not emulate on xbox because mame on xbox needs a lot of horspower to play these 3d games and the xbox just does not have it.

BUT you can play mortal kombat 4 the n64 version on sureall 64,but in my opinion it plays a little to slow but if you play the ps1 port of mk4 on pcsxbox then it plays just fine.

always surprised me that mortal kombat 4 was never on the midway arcades treasures disc for xbox.

if you just want to play nba jam and not nba jam TE then use mamex-b6 as this emulates nba jam best in my opinion.a while back i put mamex-b6 and mameox 0.72 on my xbox to compare betwwen the 2 for the midway games and i found that nba jam played smoother on b6.

also the arcade version of mortal kombat 4 will not emulate on xbox because mame on xbox needs a lot of horspower to play these 3d games and the xbox just does not have it.

BUT you can play mortal kombat 4 the n64 version on sureall 64,but in my opinion it plays a little to slow but if you play the ps1 port of mk4 on pcsxbox then it plays just fine.

always surprised me that mortal kombat 4 was never on the midway arcades treasures disc for xbox.

what is the difference in nba jam and nba jam te? and between the two, which runs better?

and i just can't deal with the graphics for psx...i mean, back in the day it was fine when that was new...but god the graphics are just jump and so polygonal. it kills me to go back and play twisted metal 2, one of my all time fave games cuz the graphics are just blah...even nintendo looks way better.

Is there a way to make emulated psx graphics look better and less jumpy....Even with a real psx, it just sucks so im hoping that maybe there is a way to scale it or make it more high def.