TESTING - Trusty 1.4Ghz | 128 RAM

PhilExile

Ah, like Radiant Silvergun. I got a whopping 9 frames per second on that one.

Wonder who has Asperger syndrome on this forum....

Anyway, back to testing. Please post if you have something useful to contribute.

just so you know regasrding the ps1 arcade hardware games like ridge racer series and tekken series,they might still not be great as the driver might need updated.so it might not just be your xbox,it could be software relasted.that is if you get a lot of slowdown that is.

also you might want to try virtua fighter as well.

dont waste your time tring the sega saturn based arcade games namely these.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=711

driver needs updated on those ones.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get a whopping FULLfps on my modded saturn. :)

Ah, like Radiant Silvergun. I got a whopping 9 frames per second on that one.

Wonder who has Asperger syndrome on this forum....

Anyway, back to testing. Please post if you have something useful to contribute.

just so you know regasrding the ps1 arcade hardware games like ridge racer series and tekken series,they might still not be great as the driver might need updated.so it might not just be your xbox,it could be software relasted.that is if you get a lot of slowdown that is.

also you might want to try virtua fighter as well.

dont waste your time tring the sega saturn based arcade games namely these.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=711

driver needs updated on those ones.

Me too, but it'd be nice to have in CoinOps :)

with you having an upgraded processer and more ram i wonder if it would possible to run the linux port of the saturn emulator satourne under linux on the xbox.

it could be possible to try other linux ported emulators on xbox like mame or bbc miro or whatever.

just a thought.

How hard is that to do? On of the reasons I like the Xbox for emulation is that I don't have to deal with an OS per say. Would these linux apps launch like Xmugen or do you need to install the whole desktop interface?

How hard is that to do? On of the reasons I like the Xbox for emulation is that I don't have to deal with an OS per say. Would these linux apps launch like Xmugen or do you need to install the whole desktop interface?

good question and to be honest i have not tried linux on xbox,there is of course DSLx(damn small linux)but i am not sure if that would boot emulators.

i was merely speculating but it would certainly be interesting to see the results.

eh, sounds like a big time investment. For now, lets focus on XBOX emus. :)

Here is an update. I had pretty piss poor results. I think a lot of these need drivers, so maybe they could be playable on an upgraded XBOX. Anyway, here you go:

Ace Driver - loads, 4 fps, no sound

Ace Driver Victory Lap - loads, 4 fps, no sound

Air Combat 22- loads, 4 fps, no sound

Alpine Racer - loads, 4 fps, no sound

Astra SuperStars - missing files

Batman Forever - missing files

Battle Arena Toshinden 2 - malloc error

Beastorizer - missing files

Fighting Layer - loads, 4 fps, no sound

G-Darius - malloc error

Gaiapolis - malloc error

Golgo 13 - malloc error

Mr Driller - loads, 4 fps, no sound

Namco Classics Collection Vol 2 - loads, 60 fps, however, once a game is selected (pacman) nothing happens

Radiant Silvergun - loads, 9 fps, no sound

Strider 2 - missing files (Maybe needs Strider 1 files?

Xevious 3DG - loads, 4 fps, no sound

I'll test some more tomorrow.

Some Surreal64 Results:

Conkers Bad Fur day plays well using 1964/Rice 5.61, usually averaging about 20 FPS, but varying sometimes to 15 or as high as 30.

Majora's Mask also plays OK. Average framerate is 74 using 1964/Rice 5.1. It also varys and sometimes the music stutters, but not nearly as bad as on a stock Xbox. I noticed in the Clock Town the slowdown is significantly diminished. Sometimes the framerate drops to 40 and the music stutters, but that usually when entering (loading) a different part of town. On a stock Xbox when I tried playing this game, I turned it off when I got to this part. :)

All in all, favorable results. There are a lot of bugs in this emulator still though. For instance, in Conkers, there are a few points when you see things from the (drunk) characters point of view. These, I assume, blurry/drunk views are gibberish computer artifacts.

Some CoinOps Results:

NARC - Sound on, steady 57 FPS (Stock is about 4 FPS)

ELEVATOR ACTION 2 - Steady 60 FPS (Stock is about 30-40 FPS and frame skipping needs to be enabled)

Great results in my opinion, especially with NARC. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions for CoinOps (or FBL)

UPDATE:

Gaiapolis now boots! After talking to BP, he suggested I mess with the VM settings to try to get some games to load that usually wont. This one is the first for me to get up and running. Settings were as follows:

threshold: 64

commit: 256

distribute: 65535

The game runs great! The only time I noticed it drop below 60 FPS was in the beginning and I that was because it was accessing the HD. I have a SATA HD and sometimes its a bit slower.

I'll post more if I find them. ;)