Buying a PS3/360 in China...

lol dude no they are not all hacked if u buy one out of the store, only downside which i think there is a workaround is that the 360 will be region locked. ps3 are region free for games. i would prefer a hacked one myself but thats just me lol .

Better for you to buy PS3. PS3 is not hacked anyway. Also, you can bring the PS3 back to US and use it there too as PS3 has internal converter. You just need to by the line cord for US usage.

lol dude no they are not all hacked if u buy one out of the store, only downside which i think there is a workaround is that the 360 will be region locked. ps3 are region free for games. i would prefer a hacked one myself but thats just me lol .

Neither hardware, PS3 or 360 is region locked, and it is left up to the game publishers to region lock their titles or not. Some do, some don't.

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

A larger majority of PS3 titles however, are NOT region locked. There are some titles that are, the Motorstorm games for instance ARE.

Neither hardware, PS3 or 360 is region locked, and it is left up to the game publishers to region lock their titles or not. Some do, some don't.

A larger majority of PS3 titles however, are NOT region locked. There are some titles that are, the Motorstorm games for instance ARE.

Let me correct you here. PS3 games are NOT region locked at all. Only the movies are region locked.

X360 games are region locked unless the game developers did not lock it (mostly happens in multiplatform games).

HOWEVER, shops in CHina tends to sell you X360 MODDED as that is their core business :)

If you happen to find a place selling JTagged boxes then you don't have to worry about regions or any thing else for that matter. But considering you don't want a modded system just go for a PS3. They aren't hackable anyways

Hacked or not does not matter to me, I want to be able to download content and play online still.

I did not bring my 360 because my brother plays it too.

Me needz a system!

Let me correct you here. PS3 games are NOT region locked at all. Only the movies are region locked.

X360 games are region locked unless the game developers did not lock it (mostly happens in multiplatform games).

HOWEVER, shops in CHina tends to sell you X360 MODDED as that is their core business :)

Your correction is wrong, there are a handful of region locked PS3 titles. It's entirely up to the developer, and it's exactly the same on the 360 only more devs have opted to lock their titles.

HOWEVER, shops in CHina tends to sell you X360 MODDED as that is their core business :(

Your correction is wrong, there are a handful of region locked PS3 titles. It's entirely up to the developer, and it's exactly the same on the 360 only more devs have opted to lock their titles.

Lol, I don't get you. Everyone even their dogs know that PS3 is basically region free. You can play R1,R2,R3 and even R4 or R2 Japan games on any PS3 in the world. The only region lock will be the DLC corresponding to the Region version of your games. E.g SFIV R2 costume DLC is not working with R1 and R3 SFIV.

And this is from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

Part of the article:

the PlayStation 3 is one of the few home consoles to be advertised as region-free.However, while region free for PS3 games, there is region locking for backwards compatible PS2 and PS1 games, as well as DVD and Blu-ray Disc movies. Additionally, some games separate online players per region, such as Metal Gear Solid 4 Online. A PSN store only contains content for its own country, for example the UK store will not supply you with usable map packs for your Imported US copy of Call of Duty 4. The PS3 actually supports hardware region locking for PS3 games as well, based on Blu-ray regions, but as of current it is unused and all current region lockouts and separations are about online services.