FBA Next Arcade Emulator for 360 WIP..

fumanchu

Has anyone ever compared the performance of the Wii emulators to that of the Xbox? I never bothered to mess with them.

It'll be nice to see where things go with emulation on the 360. I do think it will take a few years to mature, as the Xbox1 did.

Fu did bring up a good point that the original Xbox was pretty easy to mod from the very beginning that added to its popularity. Its always possible that things will change in that regard with the 360.

Has anyone ever compared the performance of the Wii emulators to that of the Xbox? I never bothered to mess with them.

It'll be nice to see where things go with emulation on the 360. I do think it will take a few years to mature, as the Xbox1 did.

Fu did bring up a good point that the original Xbox was pretty easy to mod from the very beginning that added to its popularity. Its always possible that things will change in that regard with the 360.

e roe

from what i can recall some of the wii emus are updates of existing gamecube emulators such as the snes emu,but they do use the newest cores unlike the xbox emus which are a older cores but still do the job just fine.

i know that mame on wii does not run most of the games the xbox version of mame does,but mame on wii is still getting worked on and will improve.the advantage for us xbox users when it comes to arcade emulation is the fact that we can use VMM for the bigger arcade roms for example neogeo.

but then again there is a neogeo emu on ds which runs pretty much full speed...how the hell they accomplished that i do not know.

the main advantage we have with emulation on xbox is with playing games in hd,which obviously the wii cannot.

Right, the fact that it doesn't have a hard drive is why I never messed with it.

You should try out the CPS1/CPS2/NeoGeo emulators on the PSP Slim. The newest version runs 99% of all the games at full speed, 60FPS. Its pretty impressive.

e roe

from what i can recall some of the wii emus are updates of existing gamecube emulators such as the snes emu,but they do use the newest cores unlike the xbox emus which are a older cores but still do the job just fine.

i know that mame on wii does not run most of the games the xbox version of mame does,but mame on wii is still getting worked on and will improve.the advantage for us xbox users when it comes to arcade emulation is the fact that we can use VMM for the bigger arcade roms for example neogeo.

but then again there is a neogeo emu on ds which runs pretty much full speed...how the hell they accomplished that i do not know.

the main advantage we have with emulation on xbox is with playing games in hd,which obviously the wii cannot.

Right, the fact that it doesn't have a hard drive is why I never messed with it.

You can add an external one then run everything off of that nowadays. Wii games and emulators all run off of usb drives, sd cards, even flash drives (if you find a compatible flash drive).

Fu, if you get a wii you won't be disappointed with playing emulated games. It may only be 420p but they still look great when flipping back and forth from my xbox and wii on my hdtv. Best of all is lightgun support with the wiimotes. What you won't get is a really fantastic gui like with the new madmab updates, or a great multimedia experience like xbmc. WiiMC just came out and is pretty good but still very new. I've got high hopes though.

Back on topic: getting a jtagg-able 360 is nigh impossible. I've been trying. My original 360 died on me and I gave it away, I was upset enough at it to not want to deal with it anymore!

Back on topic: getting a jtagg-able 360 is nigh impossible. I've been trying. My original 360 died on me and I gave it away, I was upset enough at it to not want to deal with it anymore!

it's not impossible... ya just need to know where to look. :)

i think that if the xbox 360 were hacked to play homebrew maybe a 2 years ago it would have been alot better and more accessable to people. if they could find the right kind of exploit similar to the xbox1... that would ROCK!!

Edited by tristanx

Is there any interest out there in doing an FBA for the wii? For god sakes it REALLY needs it. I understand that the 360 can take everything to the next level because of raw processing power and increased ram, but a usable arcade type emulator for the wii would just be fantastic. I guess you guys would have to have one and really be interested in it yourselves.

All the more reason to get off my ass and find a 360 again.