I just went to my first jury duty thing

Holy shit do those guys know how to talk out of there asses.

I didn't get picked but pre-trial they did spew enough shit for me to know that the actual thing would equal a pool and not a bucket.

My friend is doing this shit right now, but yours truly is off the hook for jury duty due to my criminal record.

Booya! :)

Oh if you want to get of jury duty tell them you are an alcoholic. ;p

I hate that shit. Gotta get up at the butt crack of morning to deal with traffic into downtown, find parking that you have to fucking pay for also and wait sometimes ALL-DAY from 8 to like 4pm just waiting around with other people who don't want to be there at all. Like being in a crowded airport room only people hate being there.

Cmon on! just say to the usher "Excuse me I currently have an alcohol problem and i thought it would be a good idea to inform you about this" (two pints of beer before you tell them) You leave and are forever crossed of their list!

I sat in enough court houses to know there are much better things you can be doing, ive been a witness, the accused, the REALLY accused (two of the fuckers stood behind me in the dock while the crown court judge growls at me)

Ive been up for theft of council property (it wasn't me my buddys took the car and stole like 40 high quality paving slabs)

then one day im sat in my car - no tax, MOT, driving licence but just been sat there is not a crime...

Im hauled off with my cousin copper stiched me up big time - in court he got egg on his face for sure. (thrown out)

The second was common assault - bang to rights , hammered and nailed.

If I liked the look of the guy in the dock and i thought he was in his rights to do the crime id be giving a not guilty plea all day, anyways everyone knows jurys are flawed.

I've actually never been picked for Jury Duty. I heard that at least here in the US, they obtain a list of people to call from the pool of registered voters. Since I never registered to vote, that would probably explain why I've never been called.

I've actually never been picked for Jury Duty. I heard that at least here in the US, they obtain a list of people to call from the pool of registered voters. Since I never registered to vote, that would probably explain why I've never been called.

they get names from the DMV now too, so if you have a drivers license or state issues ID you'll be on the list too. I'm not registered to vote either and got called in last month.

Well, if I get called its just a matter of financial hardship for me, cuz I get payed hourly. I'm all for civic duty and all but they really don't go out of their way to make it a decent experience.