Filtering FBL Roms even further?

willers

I have all FBL games bar the megadrive games for FBL by using mame 0.135 and the included FBL DAT file. I've downloaded dam-soft's coinOPS videos which is great because now I think most games have a video(seems to be one for each of the games). My problem is that there are so many duplicates of games and revisions that I would just like to have one of each game with the video. Has anyone this same issue and what have you done to remove all these duplicates?

@ResX - Do you have a DAT file that I can run all these roms through so that I have only one of each of the working games?

I have all FBL games bar the megadrive games for FBL by using mame 0.135 and the included FBL DAT file. I've downloaded dam-soft's coinOPS videos which is great because now I think most games have a video(seems to be one for each of the games). My problem is that there are so many duplicates of games and revisions that I would just like to have one of each game with the video. Has anyone this same issue and what have you done to remove all these duplicates?

@ResX - Do you have a DAT file that I can run all these roms through so that I have only one of each of the working games?

the has been brought up before the only thing i can suggest is that you delete the clones and keep the parent roms,maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.

resx does have a datfile its about 725 games or something like that,take a look in his thread for fbl that he made it should be posted there.

Open your ROMs with Romcenter, highlight the "added directory" (your rom dir) then "Edit", "select main sets" in the toolbar. Now right click on the right hand window on one of the selected roms and click "shell operations" and "move" or "copy" roms to directory. You can do this with the .xmv files too by zipping them first (use no compression or store etc.) romcenter will now detect the vids (they will all be red but you will still be able to select parents). Hope this makes sense!

Main Menu->Options->GUI Options->Text Options->Last Page

Set the display type to Parents.

That will only display one of each game.

The display parent roms only option is a great feature, but you'll end up hiding certain game sequels that are actually clones. Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting is a good example, it's just a clone of Champion Edition but is considered a sequel. My favourite one though is that After Burner is actually a clone of After Burner II. The first game is a clone of it's sequel.

The best way to only have one of each game, but include sequels that are clones, is to know what games are clones of what, and keep only the ones you want. Like suggested, Romcenter can help you with this, as it will tell you what roms are clones of what game, and allow you to move them to a different folder. For my MAME setup on PC, I have a folder for clones to keep them separate.