Config files in CoinOPS

ressurectionx

Dont pester him puney human-mortal hes very very busy your just trying to alter his sub-creation kinda like when the skinners wanted to change up the gui a awhile ago but never really got a solid response...now be gone....

ps, hopefully youll realize I was just messin with you and not seriously attacking you ha..

read the readme :D rx hehehehe

its in thats...I recon its in this part of the readme

----------------------- FILES THAT CAN BE ADJUSTED BY YOU -----------------------

CoinOPS\general\catver.xml - This sets the Catagories of your games (eg 1v1 Fighter or Shooter etc)

This requires you to Scan All Your Games

CoinOPS\general\romstatus.xml - This allows you to alter what games will be classics or hot, no sound etc.

This requires you to Scan All Your Games

CoinOPS\vm.txt - This automatically adjust the virtual memory for those games in Low Def

CoinOPS\vmhidef.txt - This automatically adjust the virtual memory for those games in Hi Def

CoinOPS\general\cheat.dat - The cheats file this can be updated

CoinOPS\backgroundmusic\All files - All the background music in WMA format

hehehe and the skinners are total newbes.....I altered the skin for bendermike within hours and I wish it did what it will do now :D...so I dont listen to them (apart from Gilou9999 he seem to come up with valid questions that are based on true testing....but id like to see what he wants and othered poke there nose in with little to no real knoweldge of what was going on, so I gave up helping as what he wanted was new features in the end and not coded in by anyone at any time and I couldnt be arsed listen to all the know it all people telling me how things work when I know they are so wrong) also just cause they dont understand old school alpha channels stuff etc I cant help that they dont really understand stuff from photoshop one days and only understand new school ways

lol. Your so wrong on so many levels.

Alpha channels lol, its not rocket science.

Unnecessary for 99% of job's, very good at hiding untidy graphics or bad video.

Coupled with the fact it bloats file size.

Do the job properly in the first place then it's not required, just file clutter.

I will give you the chance to answer 2 questions.

1. Why was CoinOps never added to xbins ? (i know)

2. Why no other person has bothered making skins for CoinOps ? (i know this too)

PS. Alpha Channels is not the answer to question 2. lol.

Dear, dear me. You haven't learn't a thing have you ?

Oh well im fine with the way it is , also I know how many use your skins ... and how many use my skins :D id say the numbers are not even in the same ball park and probably not in the same town or country

one thing I know im right on.....it works exactly how I want if it didnt id change it....

anyways im gone from this thread ..... its not worth me commenting on as you already know how it all works lol

I'm not looking for help in depth for anything. What you posted above is good enough.

In my Xtras t0rrent, I will be releasing your R4 with all the games you tested as working perfectly as well as games line 4enraya that you wouldn't add. I'm not going all out this time as I don't have time to do it. I know that your emu is still going to advance and go way beyond what I'm putting out there, but people should be able to get a good start collecting what they need for your future releases with what will be available here.

I'll be sure to make a note that it's not one of your official releases, but something that I just added some games to. It's really for my own personal use, but it will be in the directory structure that I'm putting together for the entirity of the Xtras so it will be clean and there will be no non-working games in it.

Thanks,

~Rx

Oh well im fine with the way it is , also I know how many use your skins ... and how many use my skins :) id say the numbers are not even in the same ball park and probably not in the same town or country

People who use CoinOps don't have a choice which skin to use do they ?

Its features are locked to the .xbe. No other way round it, your way or no way.

So bearing in mind your skin is locked to an emulator your analgy is redundant isn't it.

Anyone could re-skin a Mame variant and release it as a new app.

I wouldn't as i would be embarrassed to do so.

The recent effort's ive made for the NeoGenesis Madmab Editons

will slide easily into the recent Xport/Madmab emultors. Multi functional.

lol. Let's see what the summer brings emulator wise !