Getting a PS3

Agozer

I wouldn't buy it for 40 bucks but maybe 30 though. I got it for PS2 already. Anyways, a PS3 is great, don't buy Assasins Creed.

Yeah, but buy Assassin's Creed 2. Improvement over the 1st in every way.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy it for 40 bucks but maybe 30 though. I got it for PS2 already. Anyways, a PS3 is great, don't buy Assasins Creed.

Yeah, but buy Assassin's Creed 2. Improvement over the 1st in every way.

Funny thing, I'm itching to buy Assassin's Creed 2 just to see the improvements. All the rentals are out too.

Well, I got my beautiful PS3 Slim 250 today. Works fine with HDMI, although it's strange that a Sony Bravia TV doesn't detect a PS3 making it impossible to use any of the additional features HDMI has to offer - a very common problem, it seems. Putting off gaming until the controller is fully charged (the USB cable is pathetically short).

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Devil May Cry 4, Prince of Persia. MGS4 comes in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.Haven't tried Ninja Gaiden yet, but loving Prince of Persia and DMC4.

It's great that you can turn on/off the console with the controller. The SIXAXIS is a bit of a gimmick, but it's kinda neat still.

Not a bad catalog, I still haven't played Ninja Gaiden Sigma, although I do have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Haven't played Prince of Persia, but have beaten DMC4, hence my review.

MGS4 is outstanding, the first game I purchased when I got my slim. Have you heard of any of the earlier RPGs for the PS3? Like Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, or Demon Souls?

Oh yes, I've definitely heard of them. Just don't have the financial means to get them at the moment. As far as Ninja Gaiden Sigma goes, it's definitely Nintendo Hard, but that's balanced by the fact that it is a damn fine ninja game.

P.S. Just lost to Berial in DMC4. Also, I don't quite understand how Exceed moves work. Too lazy to go to GameFAQs just for that.

Oh yes, I've definitely heard of them. Just don't have the financial means to get them at the moment. As far as Ninja Gaiden Sigma goes, it's definitely Nintendo Hard, but that's balanced by the fact that it is a damn fine ninja game.

P.S. Just lost to Berial in DMC4. Also, I don't quite understand how Exceed moves work. Too lazy to go to GameFAQs just for that.

Lost to Berial?!? :sadwalk: Slash at hm from the back, use the grab hand to grab to the top and do air combos. When the flame around its body dies out, grab him to see some awesome combos that deal a crap load of damages. DMC4 is fun but I can go through one time only :devil:

You didn't get any of the newer games? But it seems like you have a lot of next-gen games to catch up :w00t: Go get Fallout 3 GOTY, Oblivion GOTY, Siren, RE5, AC2, GOW Collection.

Yes, I know how to defeat Berial and what to do, I just happened to lose because I didn't dodge well enough. Geez, rip me a new one while your at it, why don't you. :sadwalk:

Like I said earlier, I don't have the money for newer games. I'll get some of them eventually, but not now. RE5 and Fallout 3 first, though. Plus, I don't think I'll bother with the GOW Collection, despite being in HD and all; it's enough that I already have the two games for one system.

Sigma 1 has been awesome for me so far. Though I miss the Nes original, that game didn't force you to learn combos :sadwalk:.

Yeah, it really take a while to get used to all the attack options the game gives you. Even though the game is hard, at least you can block almost any attack and then roll out of the way. Still, the number of enemies the game throws you at once plus that they attack often and unpredictably certainly makes playing difficult.

The first boss wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, but he can still mess you up bad if you're not careful.