Tekken 6 is almost here..

Lol, Tekken more believable than VF?!?

VF is known for their more accurate interpration of real martial arts compared to Tekken, but the way to execute those moves in VF is best described as "Clunky" :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about the Ent in Tekken too.

Alright... Tolkien fan

Tekken does have some of the WORSE character designs EVAR!!! in fighting game history. But they also have some of the coolest. It's an odd mix.

Completly agree. What the hell. I had an argument with someone at an EB long ago. Clerk said Tekken was unrealistic. When I bring up the fight mechanic, all he had was "a big bear, a dinosaur" etc.

VF has always been the more technical of the 3d fighters. where as Tekken is more about memorized combo strings. (not that there is anything wrong with that.) what I like about Tekken is the control scheme. one button per limb, back to block, not to many complex stick movements.

I hate button to block games. for some reason I can never get used to them. I guess cuz I grew up playing SF and not MK.

Yea I never really liked MK. I agree with all that you say here, but when I play tekken, its more of a pick and choose techique. I hate playing against elite guys though. They make the game NOT fun. But... it makes me enjoy it more when I win.

What they need to do, is impart a system... that when your being juggled, there is a way to break free of the stupidity of it all. A system based on guessing or estimated guesses rather... of something or another. I havent fully thought it out, BUT when I juggle someone into oblivion, I always feel bad. Besides, how the hell can you explain the BS one can do in Tekken. FIX THAT SH!T NAMCO!

Lol, Tekken more believable than VF?!?

VF is known for their more accurate interpration of real martial arts compared to Tekken, but the way to execute those moves in VF is best described as "Clunky" :D

I wasn't talking about the move sets or even the characters (I guess that would be Dural vs Tekken's circus/zoo roster). Tekken feels more believable in the way hits and attacks land on opponents.

As for accurate interpretations, does that include the 100's of PPPK variations.