Cash or Plastic?

i always keep cash on me, for small and quick purchases. credit card for online and big purchases over 50$. carrying too much cash isn't safe, but cash tips are better for servers, n cash is good for vending machines and such. credit card for big purchases is for the reward points that adds up, so free money for me. :D

Almost never have cash on me, not much point to it.

I also don't follow the "TIP" rule. Tips are earned, if you just "did your job" I might leave a couple bucks, if you sucked you aren't getting $hit.

Only a few times I've left a sizeable tip, once was the day before Christmas years ago at a Golden Griddle. The lady was so ontop of things, and she was the only waitress in the place and it was very busy......so I personally put a twenty in her hands (This, back when I was single and had 5 digits in my bank account at all times! Damn wives and kids)

Yeah I always keep enough cash to leave a good tip for servers. That's something they don't have to report to the gov't. :D

most places in california actually do have to report their tip earnings

Almost never have cash on me, not much point to it.

I also don't follow the "TIP" rule. Tips are earned, if you just "did your job" I might leave a couple bucks, if you sucked you aren't getting $hit.

Only a few times I've left a sizeable tip, once was the day before Christmas years ago at a Golden Griddle. The lady was so ontop of things, and she was the only waitress in the place and it was very busy......so I personally put a twenty in her hands (This, back when I was single and had 5 digits in my bank account at all times! Damn wives and kids)

when I was single and when I was making good money I was like the mob, or sinatra. I would tip at least 20% usually more like 30%. these days I have to be more frugal with the tips, and I usually avoid going places that involve tipping, not to avoid the tip, just because they are more expensive then mcdonalds. hahah.