Nintendo Super Station roms in mame

law56kerz

The Nintendo Super System is an arcade system which was used to preview Super Nintendo games in the U.S. It was basically a Super Nintendo set up to use a menu which allowed the player to play the games for a certain amount of time depending on how many credits they had, working exactly like Nintendo's PlayChoice-10 hardware. [1]

[edit] List of Nintendo Super System games

* ActRaiser

* The Addams Family

* Contra III: The Alien Wars

* David Crane's Amazing Tennis

* F-Zero[2]

* Lethal Weapon

* NCAA Basketball

* Robocop 3

* Skins Game

* Super Mario World[2]

* Super Soccer

* Super Tennis[2]

I know you can play these games on a supernes emulator, so don't tell me that. I find it cool that you can play these supernes classic through mame. Several of them I testing worked, like actraiser and contra 3.

The problem is I can't get 2 of the best games to work on the xbox versions of mame (F-zero and Super Mario world), and I'm not sure what the problem is. I get.

I tried several different rom files from different sources but I get the same error messages on load.

For Super Mario World I get the Message spc700.rom wrong checksums, a bunch of crc gibberish and another message saying mw.ic1 not found.

For F-zero I get ths same spc700.rom error, the crc gibberish, and fz.ic1 not found.

Has anyone got these two game running, and could help me out but pointing me in the right direction to fix it or to the correct files to run these games. PM me if needed. Too bad the emulation on these games is very slow.

Wrong checksum, files missing: You need to download the correct files from a reputable romsite (we cannot say where).

Once you've gotten past the file issues, then tell us what happens.

The checksum on the spc700 doesn't seem to be a problem since i get the same message on the games that work. I have downloaded from multiple reputable sites, and to no avail. So that's why i came here for suggestions.

You've read the board rules, I assume?

We cannot specify particular sites where roms may be found.

As a matter of interest, I tried both games, and they worked without any file problems, and no slowdowns either.

You've read the board rules, I assume?

We cannot specify particular sites where roms may be found.

As a matter of interest, I tried both games, and they worked without any file problems, and no slowdowns either.

Thanks for the help. You should just lock this thread since apparently no one can help me in anyway. I know the forum rules, there are ways to help with-out breaking them though. You know it and I know it.

well for a start robert dosent have mame on xbox,i am geussing he thought this was pc mame you were talking about.

anyway the drivers for those games need to be updated to work on mame for xbox as i tried out these roms about a month ago on mame128 and coinops.

contra3 and actraiser do work but as you said very slowly.

ask yourself do you really wont to get all the roms working and then play them at the speed the other 2 games are emulated at the moment.

the playchoice10(nes)games work fine on coinops as does the vs nes games like gradius.

well for a start robert dosent have mame on xbox,i am geussing he thought this was pc mame you were talking about.

anyway the drivers for those games need to be updated to work on mame for xbox as i tried out these roms about a month ago on mame128 and coinops.

ask yourself do you really wont to get all the roms working and then play them at the speed the other 2 games are emulated at the moment.

the playchoice10(nes)games work fine on coinops as does the vs nes games like gradius.

Maybe the drivers could be updated, I guess I could suggest it. The drivers for Osman/Cannon Dancer should be updated for sure though. Have you ever heard of it? It's made by the same people who made strider!

Maybe the drivers could be updated, I guess I could suggest it. The drivers for Osman/Cannon Dancer should be updated for sure though. Have you ever heard of it? It's made by the same people who made strider!

yup ive played it and completed it on pc mame.

well you can suggest updating the drivers but why are you so keen to get these games playable when they play great on zsnxbox?