just got a xbox 360

BTW the default madcatz 360 controller looks pretty darn good! i think i could use that for fighting games, i just might have to check it out

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those that are not good with joystick in fighting games have never been to the arcades, it seems. Born and bred in the house :)

Yea SF and Tekken skills were honed at home. I have plaid alot on the arcade too, but im not as efficient.

BTW the default madcatz 360 controller looks pretty darn good! i think i could use that for fighting games, i just might have to check it out

Oh yea? My friend was telling me Madcats are finally doing some good work... finally. He said theyre pretty decent now. What strange word is this where Madcats actually puts out a usable controller!

Edited by Belthasar

I used to play in the cades a lot when I was much younger, then for years all I did was play at home. A while back I played SF with an arcade stick for the first time in over 11 years against K'Dash. He owned me pretty bad. But I have been practicing lately now I can't go back to a pad for the life of me. I can only use Vega with an arcade stick now.

VF on the other hand is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to play without a joy stick. Seriously. I can do moves now with the stick that I was NEVER able to do with a pad, like Akira's knee.

Honestly, nothing beats playing a fighting game with an arcade stick. IT may take some adjusting at first but in the end you will feel the difference, and the difference is HUGE. It's SOOOOO much easier to pull off moves now. I don't think I can ever play another fighting game seriously with a pad ever again.

I spent plenty of time in the arcade back in the good ole days. but the time logged with a snes or genesis pad in my hands is just too much, I can't over ride all that experience. so the stick always feels just a bit alien to me.

I spent plenty of time in the arcade back in the good ole days. but the time logged with a snes or genesis pad in my hands is just too much, I can't over ride all that experience. so the stick always feels just a bit alien to me.

Indeed. But I have come along way myself... I remember not being able to preform a dragonpunch while facing left... LOL

I'm going to have to try my hacked usb street fighter pad/arcade stick(I have both) If i ever pick up a fighting game for the 360. USB pads are supposed to work on the ps3 as well. I'm gonna go test both now I will let yall now if a cut up xbox connect works on the 360 minus the yellow wire.