CycloDS... not R4!

Krosigrim

Why the hell havent I jumped on this? My buddy got an 8 Gig chip for $20 on sale. plus the 45 or so on the R4, and bam. Gaming mayhem!

Point and click adventures, and all the new DS titles comming out. Id even settle for a few movies in avi format for when i'm at work... As I have no other hand held device.

The copyright protection for DQV was effortlessly sidestepped. Alittle hex here, alittle code there. Rediculous. I might get some actual perpetual usage out of this thing yet.

Edited by Belthasar

I don't think they shut down, they just moved factories.

Anyway, if your buddy is using an 8GB card in his, he has one of the clones that was made to support SDHC. Not sure on what the difference is, if any, with regards to compatibility etc.

Yea I have no idea on what the hell it truly is. But damned if I don't want one. I was mistaken. All the DQV needed to operate was an action replay code or somesuch. Not a hex alteration.

Anyway, he seems to be able to run anything and everything. has some type of backdrop on there, Sam and Max. Cant remember what program is on there running the show, but I'm impressed. Of course... I still think emulation is amazing... even after all these years.

I run a Zelda theme on mine, but to be honest I may just sell the whole damn thing. Wife bought it for Christmas before last, and I may have used it a total of 30-40 hours.

There just aren't enough good games for it, the ones there are I've already played and beaten. Lot's of junk shovelware on the DS.

Guess your not an RPG kinda guy. That is my main focal point. The Chrono Trigger remake. DQ's. but also games Id never actually even consider. But... I have plenty of time. You on the other hand have a life. So I can understand. Perhaps you can fill it up with movies or things for your little girl and pass the baton?

as far as I can tell all those cards are pretty much the same. they prolly all come from the same factory in HK.