ahhh, street fighter IV!

Inky

:( Guess i'll be the first to say this but has anyone else noticed :lol: that it seems they took Street Fighter EX(whatever) tweaked and cleaned it up, repackaged it and slapped SF4($F4) sticker on it...I mean it took years for them to finally move from sf2 to sf3 and you could tell/feel the difference and this one feels/looks/acts and ill go so far as to say it smells like EX. Don't get me wrong :D i spend hours online playing it but i seem to run into alot who think this is a whole NEW reinvented street fighter.....sorry for ranting just some thoughts i wanted to share :(

Did you really play it seriously? It does not even resemble SFEX in anyway.

Just got off rank match, two words for you "Guard Break" or as they repackaged it as "Focus Attack" if you really played the EX series and by "really played" i mean took the time learning the frame rates of moves/attacks and beyond you would see it too...on a side note SF4 is just as unbalanced as the EXs where if not worse with certain characters (Zangief...which im not complaining about since he's always been my fave since SF2:Road Warrior)....But once again im not debateing or hateing just expressing certain thoughts/opions. :o

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off rank match, two words for you "Guard Break" or as they repackaged it as "Focus Attack" if you really played the EX series and by "really played" i mean took the time learning the frame rates of moves/attacks and beyond you would see it too...on a side note SF4 is just as unbalanced as the EXs where if not worse with certain characters (Zangief...which im not complaining about since he's always been my fave since SF2:Road Warrior)....But once again im not debateing or hateing just expressing certain thoughts/opions. :lol:

sf2: World Warrior you mean?

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER HERRRRO!!!

WE DONT NEED TO KNOW THE WAAAAAY HOME!!!

ALL WE WANT IS WHAT YOU OWE US!!!!

....Thunderdome.....

:o Yep was wondering if anyone was going to catch that (inside joke with my buddies plus i never call Zangief by his real name to me he's Gief).... :D KyokugenKiss its nice to see a "fellow chucker" :lol: <-- wheres that quote from

teenage mutant ninja turtles (the movie) when they were fighting in april's house

Man, if your getting beaten by Giefs, you just suck at spacing. The only reason he does so much damage is because your letting him in for free to deal it.

Was Guard Break scalable? Nope, FA goes with 3 levels, with level 3 being unblockable. If your getting Level 3s off, the people you are playing suck, or they don't know the game. Focus/Saving Strikes are breakable as well with certain moves.

Man, if your getting beaten by Giefs, you just suck at spacing. The only reason he does so much damage is because your letting him in for free to deal it.

Was Guard Break scalable? Nope, FA goes with 3 levels, with level 3 being unblockable. If your getting Level 3s off, the people you are playing suck, or they don't know the game. Focus/Saving Strikes are breakable as well with certain moves.

I guessed you missed the part where i wrote "tweaked..repackaged" on the earlier post, please keep in mind the hardware limitation they had in the past compared to todays machines hence the smoother and added animations andthen some...and they would need to change it since the Guard Break comes out instantly and unblockable no need to charge so just to give beginners a chance (see more tweaking..."Focus/Saving Strikes are breakable as well with certain moves.") You also failed to read that "The Gief" is my fave so 9 times out of 10 I'm doing the beating :lol: with him and so i pretty much say i know all his little quirks and yes the game is unbalanced for instance they've put no wait on The Gief's SPD (Spinning Pile Driver)or Abel's Whirlwind Throw and you can just abuse anyone with the right timing, like, nearly no escape from them. But please don't misunderstand me im not out to change peoples minds just sharing a few thoughts that if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck (__insert your answer here__)..... :D

I guessed you missed the part where i wrote "tweaked..repackaged" on the earlier post, please keep in mind the hardware limitation they had in the past compared to todays machines hence the smoother and added animations andthen some...and they would need to change it since the Guard Break comes out instantly and unblockable no need to charge so just to give beginners a chance (see more tweaking..."Focus/Saving Strikes are breakable as well with certain moves.") You also failed to read that "The Gief" is my fave so 9 times out of 10 I'm doing the beating :ph34r: with him and so i pretty much say i know all his little quirks and yes the game is unbalanced for instance they've put no wait on The Gief's SPD (Spinning Pile Driver)or Abel's Whirlwind Throw and you can just abuse anyone with the right timing, like, nearly no escape from them. But please don't misunderstand me im not out to change peoples minds just sharing a few thoughts that if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck (__insert your answer here__)..... :P

Come to think of it, I guess you are right in this aspect. So, i guess nothing new in SFIV then :D Just repackaged stuffs.

I guessed you missed the part where i wrote "tweaked..repackaged" on the earlier post, please keep in mind the hardware limitation they had in the past compared to todays machines hence the smoother and added animations andthen some...and they would need to change it since the Guard Break comes out instantly and unblockable no need to charge so just to give beginners a chance (see more tweaking..."Focus/Saving Strikes are breakable as well with certain moves.") You also failed to read that "The Gief" is my fave so 9 times out of 10 I'm doing the beating :) with him and so i pretty much say i know all his little quirks and yes the game is unbalanced for instance they've put no wait on The Gief's SPD (Spinning Pile Driver)or Abel's Whirlwind Throw and you can just abuse anyone with the right timing, like, nearly no escape from them. But please don't misunderstand me im not out to change peoples minds just sharing a few thoughts that if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck (__insert your answer here__)..... :)

Make your posts clearer. It's difficult to read a bunch of text crumped up together.

Secondly, the hardware issue is not a problem. It can run on a PS2 if they wanted too. FA does not and is not a "tweaked" and "repacked" GC. Their just too different to compare too.

So if I use Sagat vs your gief, will it still be imbalanced? Because Gief isn't broken by any means. Because if you want to see broken, I'll show you broken.